September 5, 2018

Attention Seniors:  This is a reminder that TODAY, September 5, is Senior picture make-up day for any Seniors who have not had their picture taken for the yearbook.  Please stop down to the area in front of the auditorium to have your picture taken at the beginning of the day.

******

College Admission Counselors will start visiting this month. The representatives will meet with students interested in receiving information about a college/university or trade school. All visits are posted on Naviance. Any student who wants to meet with the college rep should sign up through Naviance. A confirmation email for the meeting will be sent to the student to be used as the pass to attend the meeting. Attendance will be taken at the meeting. Stop in the counseling office if you have any questions.

******

Attention Jr. Class….Would you like to be the president of your class?  If so, please stop down to sign up in room 196 to run and be an officer for this school year.    Please see Mrs. Loeffert in Room 196 for details.

******

Attention all NASH Students: NA Project Water is hosting an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 12th for anyone who would like to volunteer as part of Project Water’s Team for the 2018-19 school year. The meeting will be held in Mrs. Prosser’s room (room 369) before school at 6:50 AM and will cover basic team goals and expectations for the coming year. Anyone who wants to be a part of the tournament planning team should plan to attend! We hope to see you there to help us further our mission! If you are unable to attend this meeting but want to get involved, please stop by room 369 for more information.

******

If you’re looking for something to put on your application that colleges would love to see, join the National English Honors Society for projects and activities that are volunteer-based. Our first meeting will be held in the NASH library on Thursday September 13. See Mrs. Omasits in room 236 for any questions. Please note that if you cannot attend the meeting to see Mrs. Omasits as soon as possible to fill out the mandatory application due by Wednesday, September 18th.

******

The NASH GSA (Gender & Sexuality Alliance) will have our first meeting TODAY after school in Room 252 at NASH. The GSA is a safe and welcoming place for all members of the LGBTQ community and their allies. Join us as we meet to discuss community issues, plan our events, and support one another in the new school year. Plus…we have snacks!   Questions? Contact Mr. West at [email protected].

******

Would you like to be a voice for children all around the world? Do you share UNICEF’s vision to create a better world for them? If so, join us on Monday, September 10th in Room 322 to learn how you can help through the NA UNICEF club. Contact Mrs. Volpe in Room 322 if you have any questions. We hope to see you there!

******

Attention All NASH Clubs!  Is your club interested in participating in the homecoming parade? It’s great fun, and you can organize your group with or without a float on wheels. It’s time to start planning.  Please have one representative fill out the form by September 14! See your advisor or Mrs. Hawbaker in room 190 for more info. All floats or organized clubs in the parade must design their theme to reflect this year’s homecoming theme, “Midnight in Paris”.  First and second place winners will receive cash prizes of $125 or $75 for their organization.

******

Attention all NASH students interested in the healthcare field:  Through video conference and live streaming, you can meet with surgeons, professionals, and experts from The Cleveland Clinic for lectures, interactive discussions, and career exploration.  There are 10 health-related conferences this year that explore hot topics in medicine and career options. Check out the offerings listed on the “NASH GOAL and Enrichment” class on Blackboard. You can sign up and download forms from Blackboard, or stop by the NASH GOAL Office, room 249A, for more information. All sessions run from 9:00 -10:00 in the NASH “PLACE.”

******

There will be a computer club meeting in room 369 after school TODAY.  If you have any interest in participating in computer club this year, please plan on attending to receive more information.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day.