October 12, 2018

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today:

Colgate University at 10:40 am  AND Ithaca College at 10:40 in the auditorium

Seton Hill University at 11:26 am

Miami University, Oxford  at 12:11 pm

Sign up to meet with the representatives on your Naviance account.  These meetings take place in the college reception room next to the auditorium foyer.

******

The Representative from Herff Jones will be visiting NASH on Wednesday, October 16, during all lunch periods in the cafeteria to deliver class rings that had been previously ordered.  Please be sure to stop by his table in the cafeteria and pick up your class ring.

******

North Allegheny offers a chance for you to test your math skills against a challenging problem set.  We meet for the first time this year on Tuesday in the cafeteria after school for Mail In Math. You must turn in a permission slip to have your test graded, but you can pick one up at the event on Tuesday and turn it in afterward.  Mail In Math runs from 2:30 – 3:00. See Mrs. Ruffolo in room 249 A with questions.

******

******

The deadline to sign up for DECA and pay $25 for membership dues Is today  After today, dues increase to $30! The Pizza party and first official DECA meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 17 in the auditorium foyer; only PAID members may attend!  Sign up on Mrs. Sullivan’s home page.

******

Would you like to learn about careers in communications: journalism, photojournalism, media law, broadcasting, or multimedia/web design?  Would you like to compete in student journalism contests? Would you like to participate in workshops with Point Park professors? If you answered YES to any of those questions, then please join us for High School Media Day at Point Park University on Friday, November 2nd. The cost of this field trip is $15.  The cost includes one or two workshops, a keynote speaker, a competition if you choose one, transportation, breakfast, and lunch. Please express your interest to Mrs. Lombardi in the GOAL Office, room 249A, by Friday, October 19th. You can sign up via the link on Blackboard or by stopping by the GOAL Office.

******

Come to the Hocus Pocus Screening Wednesday, October 24th  at 2:45 pm in Room 252 at NASH! BYOS: Bring Your Own Snacks. We have a microwave if you want to bring popcorn! Sponsored by the NASH GSA

******

Hey NASH: Professor Rachel Chung, Director of Business Programs at Chatham University is presenting  a program for NASH students on Thursday October 11 during periods 2 and 3 in the Library. Come and learn about international business and careers and participate in an interactive international business scenario and discussion!  Professor Chung teaches courses on Information Systems and Analytics, Digital Marketing in the Global Marketplace and Organizational Behavior. See Mrs Will in the GOAL office for a pass. All are welcome.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for an exclusive press conference!