October 15, 2018

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today:

The College of Wooster at 10:41 am

The New School at 11:26 am  AND University of Toledo at 11:26 in the auditorium

La Roche College at 12:11 pm AND United States Military Academy-Army at 12:11 pm

Sign up to meet with the representatives on your Naviance account. These meetings take place in the college reception room next to the auditorium foyer or noted otherwise.

******

TONIGHT, our Boys’ Varsity Soccer Team is playing Butler at home at 7:30. The Tigers MUST WIN this game in order to make the playoffs.  Be there and be rowdy to support the boys! The theme is a BLACKOUT!  AND IT IS FREE ADMISSION!!! Tigers.  Tornadoes. Let’s go Tigers.

******

The Representative from Herff Jones will be visiting NASH on Wednesday, October 16, during all lunch periods in the cafeteria to deliver class rings that had been previously ordered.  Please be sure to stop by his table in the cafeteria and pick up your class ring.

******

North Allegheny offers a chance for you to test your math skills against a challenging problem set.  We meet for the first time this year on Tuesday in the cafeteria after school for Mail In Math. You must turn in a permission slip to have your test graded, but you can pick one up at the event on Tuesday and turn it in afterward.  Mail In Math runs from 2:30 – 3:00. See Mrs. Ruffolo in room 249 A with questions.

******

On Sunday, November 18, you’ll have your chance to play at Newman Stadium!  TigerThon is hosting a kickball tournament for ALL high school students. Organize a team of 10-12 players to sign up.  The cost is $20 per player and includes a t-shirt! Designate ONE team captain to complete the registration process for your team. Registration opens Tuesday morning at 8:10 am!  Make sure that you sign up quickly!! We’ll see you in action on the turf! No Child Fights Alone! … ROLL THE VIDEO

******

The next Spanish Club meeting will be held Wednesday, October 24th in Mrs. Lasitis’s foods room from 2:30-3:30. Please remember to bring your $20 dues.

******

Attention Variations Staff: we will meet tomorrow in room 234 after school. That’s Variations tomorrow in room 234. See you there!

******

Italian club meeting will be in Mrs. Lasitis’s room on Tuesday, October 23, from 3:30-4:30.  Also, membership dues are $20. Everyone is welcome!

******

The GSA is meeting this Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH! Mr. West is making a cake!! Please stop in for great conversation and pretty good cake.

******

Come to the Hocus Pocus Screening Wednesday, October 24th  at 2:45 pm in Room 252 at NASH! BYOS: Bring Your Own Snacks. We have a microwave if you want to bring popcorn! Sponsored by the NASH GSA

******

Would you like to learn about careers in communications: journalism, photojournalism, media law, broadcasting, or multimedia/web design?  Would you like to compete in student journalism contests? Would you like to participate in workshops with Point Park professors? If you answered YES to any of those questions, then please join us for High School Media Day at Point Park University on Friday, November 2nd.  The cost of this field trip is $15. The cost includes one or two workshops, a keynote speaker, a competition if you choose one, transportation, breakfast, and lunch. Please express your interest to Mrs. Lombardi in the GOAL Office, room 249A, by Friday, October 19th. You can sign up via the link on Blackboard or by stopping by the GOAL Office.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day!