May 8, 2019

Attention all students: come on out tonight and experience the NASH Art Opening Event! Student Art displays, Music, performance, snacks and installations all ready and waiting for your enjoyment. It’s free, it’s all new, and promises to be awesome! Do miss out NASH Art Opening Event – tonight – 6:30 – 8:30 pm

******

Senior Banquet tickets will be sold in the auditorium foyer on TODAY and TOMORROW — May 8 and 9.  Tickets will be sold both before and after school on May 8 and 9. Students who attend Beattie may purchase their tickets during lunch periods in the office.  If there are any tickets available after Thursday, they may be purchased at a higher price on Friday, May 10, directly from the principal. The increased price will be $10 per ticket.  May 10, will be the absolute deadline to purchase tickets.

******

Attention Seniors, any student who have accepted a military appointment to an academy, have accepted an ROTC scholarship or who plans to enlist in any branch of the military should stop down to see Mrs. Foglio in the Main Office to report your future plans prior to graduation.

******

Attention students involved in the Grandview Mentoring Project: The Carnegie Science Center field trip with Grandview is coming up on May 20th.   Please check your schedules now to see if you have any conflicts with this date.  If you cannot attend, please let Mrs. Lombardi know right away so she can reassign your child to another mentor.  Also, please plan to attend a training session during homeroom on either date: Wednesday, May 15th  OR Friday, May 17th — These training sessions will take place in the NASH LIBRARY.

******

Pitt Pharmacy Ambassadors and a Pitt Pharmacy faculty member have created an active learning experience for you that includes a high-fidelity human simulator (a mannequin with life-like functions).  They will bring their “Sim Man” to NASH so you can experience the pharmacist’s role in health care. Students will role-play a pharmacist, nurse, or physician and experience what it is like to manage a patient having a heart attack.  You will have options to attend on Wednesday, May 15th during period 4 or period 6/7. Sign up to participate in the session that is best for you and pick up a permission form in GOAL.

******

The NA GSA is screening the movie Love Simon TODAY after school in Room 252 at NASH. Please join us for popcorn and a movie! The GSA is a safe, non-judgmental gathering for students of all genders and sexual orientations.

******

If you missed your opportunity to sign up for the 2019 Hearts 4 Homeless Spikeball tournament, you can still sign up and turn your money in by May 10th by following the link or QR code found on the flyers throughout the building.

******

Donate to EcoSoap Bank Today! There are containers to collect your donations in almost every classroom. Every $10 you donate is one Key Club hour and the homeroom that collects the most money wins donuts for their whole class. For more information, contact Sari Abu-Hamad, Shreya Boppudi, or Anannya Pushkarna.

******

The Allegheny Intermediate Unit’s Career Connections Program consists of 1 to 4 daylong learning experiences during the school year in 18 different career fields–everything from A (Architecture) to Z (Zoo Animal Care). The program provides for hands-on, behind-the-scenes experiences and gives students the opportunity to make connections with organizations and people who can help them as they pursue their career choices. Juniors are now able to apply for the 2019-2020 AIU Career Connections program. If interested, students must follow a 3-step application process which includes completing the online application, obtaining a teacher recommendation, and mailing fees and paperwork.  Stop by the GOAL Office to learn more about the opportunities and how to apply for them.

******

Northland Library will be CLOSED to the public on Friday, May 17.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day on The Uproar.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!