May 20, 2019

North Allegheny’s annual Kennywood day will be on Thursday, June 20. Plan to purchase your advance tickets on Thursday, May 23 when Kennywood representatives will be here during all three lunch periods. Tickets are $33.00 each. That’s a savings of $16 dollars if you pay for admission at the gate!  Cash and checks will be accepted. Checks on May 23 (only) should be made out to KENNYWOOD. As an added bonus, with your ticket purchase you will receive a FREE North Allegheny general admission ticket with every Kennywood ticket that you purchase.

******

Attention Senior Beattie students, please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to pick up your NA tassel to be used for the Beattie Graduation on May 29.

******

Attention Seniors:  It’s time to vote for the Senior Banquet Awards. Voting ends TODAY at 2 pm. Please go to the NASH homepage and click on the Senior Banquet Awards link to vote. You must use your NA google account to sign in and your student ID# to vote. Winners will be announced at the Senior Banquet on May 24th.  There are three separate links to vote for the 30 different awards that will be given due to the large student population in the pull down menus so be sure to check them all out. Also, if you have interest in purchasing a Senior T-shirt, please do it soon.  Sizes are selling out quickly. Get yours before they are gone. Purchases can be made in room 313 for $15 cash or check made payable to NASH!

******

Any student interested in learning more about tissue engineering and regenerative medicine is welcome to attend a presentation by CMU professor/researcher Dr. Charlie Ren on Tuesday May 28 from 10:00-12:00 in the NASH library.  Dr. Ren is one of the leading scientists in the world working on using human stem cells and de-cellularized pig organs as a framework to generate new replacement human hearts and lungs in the lab. He will be explaining the ground breaking research he is conducting at Carnegie Mellon followed by a question/answer session. Interested students should stop by Goal or see Mrs. Spak in room 363 to pick-up a permission form to attend!

******

Key Club is hosting a blood drive on May 22nd. Signups are located in the cafeteria during all lunch periods this week.

******

Attention Seniors, any students who have accepted a military appointment to an academy, have accepted an ROTC scholarship or who plans to enlist in any branch of the military should stop down to see Mrs. Foglio in the Main Office to report your future plans prior to graduation.

******

If you are interested in becoming a member or cabinet heard of NASH Student Council next school year, now is the time to apply! Go to the NASH homepage and fill in the form located at the NASH Student Council icon. Cabinet Heads for the 2019-2020 school year will be selected by May 22nd. Remember: all you need to do is fill in the form.

******

Throughout the month of May, shop at Soergel Home and Garden to support NA Rowing.  Soergel’s will donate ten percent of purchases to NA Rowing. All you have to do is mention at check-out that you’re supporting the NA Rowing fundraiser.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day on The Uproar.  Thanks, and have a great day.