May 22, 2019

Any students who are currently using a student loaner laptop, please stop into the Student Help Desk in Room 267 to exchange your loaner laptop for your student specific laptop ASAP. Thank you for your assistance with this situation.

******

North Allegheny’s annual Kennywood Day will be on Thursday, June 20. Plan to purchase your advance tickets on Thursday, May 23 when Kennywood representatives will be here during all three lunch periods. Tickets are $33.00 each. That’s a savings of $16 dollars if you pay for admission at the gate!  Cash and checks will be accepted. Checks on May 23 (only) should be made out to KENNYWOOD. As an added bonus, with your ticket purchase you will receive a FREE North Allegheny general admission ticket with every Kennywood ticket that you purchase.

******

Attention Senior Beattie students, please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to pick up your NA tassel to be used for the Beattie Graduation on May 29.

******

Any student interested in learning more about tissue engineering and regenerative medicine is welcome to attend a presentation by CMU professor/researcher Dr. Charlie Ren on Tuesday May 28 from 10:00-12:00 in the NASH library.  Dr. Ren is one of the leading scientists in the world working on using human stem cells and de-cellularized pig organs as a framework to generate new replacement human hearts and lungs in the lab. He will be explaining the ground breaking research he is conducting at Carnegie Mellon followed by a question/answer session. Interested students should stop by Goal or see Mrs. Spak in room 363 to pick-up a permission form to attend!

******

Attention Seniors, any students who have accepted a military appointment to an academy, have accepted an ROTC scholarship or who plans to enlist in any branch of the military should stop down to see Mrs. Foglio in the Main Office to report your future plans prior to graduation.

******

Attention all Interact members: Your help is needed to assemble the World Vision kits on Thursday May 23rd (all day) in the NASH PLACE.  Please stop by during any free periods, homeroom, or lunch to assemble some kits.  We need to pack 100 of them! Also, we’ll meet after school on Thursday, May 23rd to pack the kits for mailing.  We’ll meet from 2:30 – 3:15 in the PLACE. Hope to see you there!

******

Throughout the month of May, shop at Soergel Home and Garden to support NA Rowing.  Soergel’s will donate ten percent of purchases to NA Rowing. All you have to do is mention at check-out that you’re supporting the NA Rowing fundraiser.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day on The Uproar.  Thanks, and have a great day.