September 5, 2019

The first meeting for National English Honor Society will be held TODAY in the Library at 2:15 after school.  NEHS is a volunteer association in which you can earn an honors cord. If you are interested in English or volunteering, come join in!

******

Attention Jr. Class….Would you like to be the president, vice president, secretary or treasurer of your class?  If so, please stop down to sign up in room 196 to run and be an officer for this school year. Please see Mrs. Loeffert in Room 196 for details.  

******

Do you love computer programming, or are you interested in learning more about it?  Then come to the first computer club meeting of the year in room 369 after school on Wednesday, September 11.  See you there!

******

To all returning speech and debate members and those who may be interested in joining the team this year: the first meeting will be on Wednesday the 11th at 2:45 after school in the NASH auditorium. There will be an introduction to each of the various events in speech and debate. Be there if you have any questions about the team!

******

Key Club is having its first meeting on September 6 in the chorus room after school. Please plan to attend if you are planning to participate in Key Club this year.

******

ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS:  Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) is having its first meeting of the school year on Tuesday, September 10th during Homeroom in The PLACE.  YOU can make a difference in the lives of others in important ways through participation in SADD.  So, please plan to come to the meeting, officially apply for membership and learn why WE ‘R’ HAPPY 2 B SADD!  Any questions – please see Mr. Longo in the Main Office.

******

The first Multicultural Student Union meeting will take place on Thursday, September 13th  during all lunch periods in the auditorium foyer (students can bring their lunches). We are a club that has open discussions about a variety of events in society regarding diversity in all forms. The club is open to all. 

******

DECA, an organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management, is looking for motivated students who enjoy a challenge. To learn more about DECA, attend the informational meeting after school on Wednesday, September 11 in the Library, or before school at 6:50 a.m. in The Place.

******

The NA Interact Club will have its first informational meeting after school on Tuesday, September 10th.  We’ll start at 2:30 in the NASH PLACE—the room attached to the NASH library.  The Interact Club provides students with an opportunity to do service projects, make personal connections, develop leadership and communication skills, and have fun! Interact also offers an international travel exchange program where students can do a short-term or long-term study abroad. Come to the meeting on Tuesday, September 10th to learn how you can get involved.  If you can’t attend the meeting but are interested in learning more, stop by the NASH GOAL Office (room 249A) or email Mrs. Lombardi at [email protected].

******

Student Council will be having their first general assembly meeting on Friday, September 6th during Homeroom. Please plan on attending — this is the first meeting of the year! Donuts will be provided at the meeting. Also, applications for Student Council are open until September 16th at 2:15 pm. If you are interested in being a Student Council member please fill out the application form on NASH’s Student Council Instagram @nash.stuco or on the NASH webpage. This is a great opportunity to be involved in activities around the school!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a Throwback Thursday!