September 9, 2019

Attention GOAL juniors: Please come to a meeting in the NASH Auditorium AT THIS TIME.  You will be asked to fill out important information for your upcoming GIEP meetings, so please bring your laptop.

******

Attention Jr. Class….Would you like to be the president, vice president, secretary or treasurer of your class?  If so, please stop down to sign up in room 196 to run and be an officer for this school year. Please see Mrs. Loeffert in Room 196 for details.

******

Come join the National Art Honors Society and Art Club. We will be having fun making art and giving back to the community. All are welcome to join! Come to our first informational meeting in the Art Room 190, on Thursday, September 12th, during Homeroom and Afterschool at 2:15. Stop By the Art Room 190 for more information. See you there!

******

Do you love computer programming, or are you interested in learning more about it?  Then come to the first computer club meeting of the year in room 369 after school on Wednesday, September 11.  See you there!

******

The North Allegheny Social Justice Club will have its first meeting next Thursday at 2:45 in room 322.

******

The NA Gay Straight Alliance meets every Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH. Students of all sexual orientations and genders are welcome to join us at any meeting. In addition, the GSA has two options for LGBTQ students and their allies to get information about community resources available to them. The GSA Information wall is located in the hall outside of Room 252. If a student is uncomfortable stopping by the wall, they can reach us at [email protected] for a discreet inquiry for more information.

******

The NA GSA is meeting this Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH. The GSA is a non-judgmental, safe, nurturing, and affirming place for students of all genders and sexual orientations. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

To all returning speech and debate members and those who may be interested in joining the team this year: the first meeting will be on Wednesday the 11th at 2:45 after school in the NASH auditorium. There will be an introduction to each of the various events in speech and debate. Be there if you have any questions about the team!

******

ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS:  Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) is having its first meeting of the school year on Tuesday, September 10th during Homeroom in The PLACE.  Please plan to come to the meeting, officially apply for membership and learn why WE ‘R’ HAPPY 2 B SADD!  Any questions – please see Mr. Longo in the Main Office.

******

Are you interested in gender equality? Do you want to help empower women everywhere? Then join Girl Up NA, an international campaign promoted to raising funds and support to girls and women around the world. The first meeting will take place in the Place on Wednesday, September 11th after school. Snacks will be provided. If you have any questions or would like further information, stop by room 229.

******

The first Multicultural Student Union meeting will take place on Thursday, September 13th  during all lunch periods in the auditorium foyer (students can bring their lunches). We are a club that has open discussions about a variety of events in society regarding diversity in all forms. The club is open to all.

******

DECA, an organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management, is looking for motivated students who enjoy a challenge. To learn more about DECA, attend the informational meeting after school on Wednesday, September 11th in the Library, or before school on September 12th at 6:50 a.m. in The Place. See Mrs. Sullivan for more info.

******

The NA Interact Club will have its first informational meeting after school on Tuesday, September 10th.  We’ll start at 2:30 in the NASH PLACE—the room attached to the NASH library.  The Interact Club provides students with an opportunity to do service projects, make personal connections, develop leadership and communication skills, and have fun! Interact also offers an international travel exchange program where students can do a short-term or long-term study abroad. Come to the meeting on Tuesday, September 10th to learn how you can get involved.  See Mrs. Lombardi in the NASH GOAL Office for more info.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!