November 7, 2019

The University of Delaware will be visiting NASH today during 7th lunch. Sign up to meet with the representative on you Naviance account.

******

VARIATIONS is hosting a doughnut party January 15th for students who submit TWO or pieces to VARIATIONS by  November 30th. VARIATIONS is North Allegheny’s award winning literary magazine, and we are welcoming all students to submit any works in art or writing including but not limited to short stories, poetry, painting, sculptures, photography, or any other media. Students can submit their pieces through the NASH student information tab on blackboard for a chance to be featured on the magazine and to win a spot at our January doughnut party.

******

AP Exam registration is still open. Complete the registration on our Total Registration site. Your printed registration form and fee are due in the counseling office by November 8th.

More detailed information can be found on NASH’s School Counseling Link or in the weekly NASH Friday Newsflash.

******

The environmental club meeting has been moved to Tuesday November 12 at 2:30 in the place.

******

On November 20th, Dr. Barry Kerzin will visit NAI, and we are invited to attend! Dr. Kerzin serves as a personal physician to the 14th Dalai Lama. Since his ordination as a monk, Dr. Kerzin has traveled widely, teaching workshops where he blends Buddhist teaching and medical training, emphasizing spiritual and health benefits of meditation and compassion. He has also served as a research participant in neuroscience research into the effects of meditation on the brain. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn!  We’ll be taking a shuttle bus to NAI to participate. Stop by GOAL to pick up a permission form or go to Blackboard to sign up. We only have 20 spots, so act quickly if you are interested!

******

Attention Grandview Mentors TEAM A:  Our first visit to Grandview Elementary School is coming up on Thursday, November 14th.  That day, you’ll be helping the children to dissect a squid and complete complex math problems. So that you are prepared for tutoring, plan to attend a TRAINING SESSION in the NASH Library on Tuesday, November 12th during homeroom.  If you cannot attend the training session, please email Mrs. Lombardi to make separate arrangements. Also, please use the code sent to your school email to join the REMIND class. Thank you!

******

Any student interested in joining the Technology Student Association should stop by room 240 or 242 and see Mrs. Green or Mr. Banks for sign-up information.

******

Tickets still remain for the 9:30 PRIVATE SCREENING of The Rise of Skywalker on OPENING NIGHT—Friday, Dec. 20 at the McCandless Cinemark. Please use the link shared on Blackboard in the announcements section.

******

The NA Interact Club will have its next meeting on Tuesday, November 12th at NASH.  We’ll meet after school in the NASH PLACE—the room attached to the library.  What is the Interact Club? It is the high school branch of the Rotary Club whose motto is “service above self.”  Interact provides students with an opportunity to complete service projects, make connections, develop leadership and communication skills, and have fun!  Come to the meeting on Tuesday, November 12th to get involved. We will be working on a service project to create holiday cards for veterans. November 12th is also the final day to pay dues to the club for membership, so don’t forget to bring your $10 if you haven’t already done so.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for your Throwback Thursday!