November 12, 2019

Malone University will be visiting NASH today during 5th lunch.

Sign up to meet with the representative on you Naviance account.

******

Hey NASH come support your classmates in this year’s fall play: The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940’s! Tickets are being sold during all lunch periods. The show dates are the 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd. Come see if you can figure out who the killer is!

******

Attention all 11th Grade girls!  The NA Water Polo Team is looking to add new players to their winning team.  Register today for their Open House event on Dec. 15th. This is a great opportunity to meet the current players, have fun in the pool and learn a little about the sport.  Look for the Open House flyers posted throughout the building and scan the QR code to register. Sign up today for this fun, FREE event!

******

The Canned Food Drive run by Student Council is accepting cans to distribute to local families for Thanksgiving this year! The collection will happen during homeroom every day from TODAY to the 22nd. There will be many awards for participating, including Smiley Cookies for each Homeroom with the most cans every day. The overall homeroom winner of the week gets a Donut breakfast on Friday, and individuals who bring in the most cans every day will be entered into a raffle for an Amazon gift card! Money donations are also accepted (50 cents=1 can). Each Homeroom teacher will receive a sheet to keep track of their cans and they should be brought during homeroom to the auditorium foyer.  Donations may include but are not limited to Thanksgiving foods and napkins. Our goal is 10,000 cans, so we need the whole school to contribute! Starting TODAY– bring in your cans, win prizes, and help out families in need this Thanksgiving!

******

DECA member should check Blackboard for important information about the DECA District Conference, and and the mandatory meeting that will be held on Thursday.  Members who have not personally signed up for a competitive event with Mrs. Sullivan, should email her or stop in Room 249 today!

******

The NA GSA is meeting this Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH. The GSA is a non-judgmental, safe, nurturing, and affirming place for students of all genders and sexual orientations. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

VARIATIONS is hosting a doughnut party January 15th for students who submit TWO or more pieces to VARIATIONS by  November 30th. VARIATIONS is North Allegheny’s award winning literary magazine, and we are welcoming all students to submit any works of art or writing including but not limited to short stories, poetry, painting, sculptures, photography, or any other media. Students can submit their pieces through the NASH student information tab on Blackboard for a chance to be featured on the magazine and to win a spot at our January doughnut party.

******

The environmental club will meet TODAY at 2:30 in the place.

******

Attention Grandview Mentors TEAM A:  Our first visit to Grandview Elementary School is coming up on Thursday, November 14th.  That day, you’ll be helping the children to dissect a squid and complete complex math problems. So that you are prepared for tutoring, plan to attend a TRAINING SESSION in the NASH Library on Tuesday, November 12th during homeroom.  If you cannot attend the training session, please email Mrs. Lombardi to make separate arrangements. Also, please use the code sent to your school email to join the REMIND class. Thank you!

******

The NA Interact Club will have its next meeting TODAY.  We’ll meet after school in the NASH PLACE—the room attached to the library.  What is the Interact Club? It is the high school branch of the Rotary Club whose motto is “service above self.”  Interact provides students with an opportunity to complete service projects, make connections, develop leadership and communication skills, and have fun!  Come to the meeting on TODAY to get involved. We will be working on a service project to create holiday cards for veterans. TODAY is also the final day to pay dues to the club for membership, so don’t forget to bring your $10 if you haven’t already done so.

******

Hey nash do you have any TikToks that you want to show to the school? NATV is now accepting TikToks for TikTok Tuesday, where we feature your videos on the morning announcements. Send or tag @NATVPRODUCTIONS or use #NATVprod for the chance to be featured!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, and stay tuned for a tubular TikTok Tuesday!