December 10, 2019

Have some of the deepest questions ever crossed your mind such as: Is there is a God?  Does money control us? What does “love” really mean? What is the meaning of life? If questions like these interest you, come stop by NASH’s Philosophy Club!! We will hold an informational meeting right after school TODAY in Room 328. For more information, please see Mr. Pirring.

******

This Thursday during Pds. 2, 3, and 4, don’t miss your chance to help stop hate in our school and our world. NASH is hosting a panel discussion about hate, how it affects us, and what we can do about it. Be a part of the solution and help NASH be No Place For Hate by joining in. Sign up on Blackboard under the student information section or access the link in your school email.

******

Attention Seniors: Senior t-shirts have arrived and can be purchased for $15 cash or check written out to NASH in room 313, preferably anytime before homeroom or after school.  T-shirts will not be sold during periods other than period 1. Get yours before they are gone!

******

Student Council is collecting donations towards Toys for Tots until Winter Break. Donations of any size are accepted! Please consider helping kids in need this holiday season and spread the joy!

******

Girl Up NA is starting their first project of the year: Holiday meals in a jar! We are taking donations of non-perishable snack items and monetary donations to make pumpkin pie mix, chicken noodle soup, and blueberry muffin mason jars for a shelter that helps abused women. See Mrs. Walters in room 229 or Emily Vaiz for more information or to sign up. (P.S. you can also get key club hours for donating!) It’s not too late to join! Bring all of your friends and help support the cause. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for more information!

******

Attention students attending the Spanish immersion trip to Clayton and Mallorca: The date is Thursday, December 12th.  Meet in the NASH cafeteria lobby promptly at 8:07 AM.  Drop off your backpack in your locker on your way to the cafeteria, as you can’t take it with you on the tour.  We’ll return to NASH at 2:00, so be prepared to attend the last 15 minutes of your 11th period class.

******

Attention students involved in Team A for the Grandview Mentoring Project: A reminder that we’ll be going to the Carnegie Science Center with our 4th grade friends from Pittsburgh Grandview on Wednesday, December 11th.  Please attend a training session during homeroom TODAY if you you did not attend yesterday. Since the Library is in use for Keystone testing, we’ll hold our training sessions in room 261. Please see Mrs. Lombardi with any questions!

******

The Cleveland Clinic Distance Learning session called “Meet a Therapy Team will occur on Tuesday, December 10th from 9:00 – 10:00 AM in the GOAL Office.  Sign up in Blackboard.

******

The NA GSA is meeting this Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH. The GSA is a non-judgmental, safe, nurturing, and affirming place for students of all genders and sexual orientations. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

The PACE Club is meeting today after school in Mr. West’s room at NASH.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!