January 17, 2020

Are you interested in international business or marketing?  Are you currently studying a world language at NASH? If so, the Cultural Communications Alliance international marketing competition might be for you.  Please join Madame Stroud in room 214 on Wednesday January 22 after school for a brief informational meeting about this year’s competition. See you then!

******

Do you have books stacking up from when you were a kid? The NA Interact Club is collecting new or gently used children’s books to benefit the students at Grandview Elementary School.  Books can be dropped off starting now until February 11th in boxes at the GOAL office, front vestibule, and athletic entrance.

******

On Friday, January 24th, eight North Allegheny Distinguished Alumni will visit the NASH Library to present career-related informational seminars to interested students.  These professionals currently work in fields including the arts, medicine, business, and law, and will provide students with valuable information on their chosen career paths while drawing on their own background knowledge and experiences.  Interested students should use their Naviance accounts to register to attend these seminars.

******

The Senior Prom will take place on May 2, 2020 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center from 7:30-11:30 p.m. Following the prom, our senior parents/guardians are planning the Post-Prom which will be held at NASH from midnight to 5 a.m. The theme for this year’s Post-Prom is Friends Episode 2020. The Senior Post-Prom is primarily funded through generous donations, so the post-prom committees cannot do this without financial support. Please share this information with your parents.  Donations can be made on the NASH homepage.

******

Attention Seniors:  The Representative from Herff Jones will be at NASH on Wednesday, January 22, during all lunches to collect order forms for graduation announcements or to answer any questions that you might have.  He will be located at the far end of the cafeteria at the opposite end from the kitchen during all lunches on January 22. Any orders placed after January 22, will need to placed directly through the company.  Please see Mrs. Foglio in the Main Office with any questions or concerns.

******

Girl Up is having their first meeting of 2020! We will be making posters that will be used at the Pittsburgh Women’s March. The Poster Party will be on Tuesday, January 21st in Ms. Walter’s room. This is one of our most exciting meetings, so make sure to bring all your friends… PS there might be pizza!

******

Are you interested in learning how to twirl a baton?   Do you want to become a North Allegheny Majorette? The North Allegheny Majorette Mini-Camp is where you need to be.   The mini-camp is open to grades K-11 and will be held on Wednesday nights beginning February 5th at Ingomar Elementary School.   Registration will be at Ingomar Elementary School on Wednesday, January 22nd and 29th from 6-8 PM.

******

Attention NASH Juniors: The Benjamin Franklin Scholar Award Essay Contest has opened! There are great monetary prizes for this contest. 1st place – $6000. 2nd place – $4000. 3rd place – $2000. Stop by the NASH GOAL Office, or go to Blackboard, to find this year’s prompt. Drafts must be submitted to Mrs. Lombardi in room 249A by Wednesday, February 12th.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH.