February 12, 2020

The sixth annual Project Water Dodgeball Tournament will be taking place Tuesday April 7. Registration will open TOMORROW at 8 PM, for teams and will close soon afterwards.

******

Congressman Conor Lamb will be speaking to NASH students during period 11 in the Chorus Room on Friday, February 14.  All students are welcome to attend. Please see Mr. Pirring or your social studies teacher for a permission slip.

******

Attention Boys Soccer Scholar Athletes, please stop down to the Main Office to pick up your certificates and t-shirts.

******

Morp tickets are being sold through February 14th during all lunch periods. Students must pre-register on the NASH homepage before purchasing tickets. Tickets are $15/person and $30/couple the first week and $20/person and $40/couple the second week. The dance is on Saturday February 15th from 8-11pm in the NASH Cafeteria. The theme is Winter Wonderland. Please fill out a guest form (located at the ticket sale table) prior to purchasing a ticket for a non-NA student.

******

The North Allegheny Federation of Teachers is pleased to announce that they will offer up to two $2,500 scholarships to NA Seniors who plan to enter the elementary or secondary teaching profession.  If you would like to compete for this exciting scholarship opportunity, view and complete the application on Naviance.

******

Looking to learn a new dance style and get moving? Come to NA Bollywood’s meeting this Thursday after school in room number 227. This meeting will be in preparation for a performance in March.

******

The PACE Club is meeting today after school in Mr. West’s room at NASH.

******

The NA GSA is meeting TODAY after school in Room 252 at NASH. And, Dr. Sam will be here for the support group! The GSA is a non-judgmental, safe, nurturing, and affirming place for students of all genders and sexual orientations. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

Want to write a Valentine to your friend? It can be anonymous or from you. We are also accepting donations to Animal Friends. If you would like to make a donation and/or write a valentine to a friend, stop by Mrs. Omasits 11th period class.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!