April 8, 2021

Attention Seniors:  Did you order a senior t-shirt?  You can pick them up today or tomorrow before or after school in room 313.

******

North Allegheny is honored to host Holocaust survivor Frank Grunwald for a virtual Q&A session on Monday, April 12 at 3 o’clock. Frank will tell of his experience at the Auschwitz concentration camp and then answer our questions. Those who attend will be asked to view a one-hour documentary beforehand to prepare for the event. There will be a viewing of the film after school TODAY in the library, or students can sign up to receive a link.  See Mrs. Bergman in the GOAL Office for more information.

******

Attention Seniors:  The final week of Prom ticket sales is approaching from April 12th through the 16th.  Dr. Dirda emailed all seniors the waiver form and the link to the Prom Registration form that must be completed before ticket purchasing on March 24th.  The cost for purchasing a ticket is $80 per person.  Payment should be made by check made payable to NASH with the senior’s name in the “For” line of the check.  Tickets will be sold after school on Monday and Thursday from 2:15-2:45 pm and before school on Tuesday and Friday from 7:00. – 7:25 am.  Tickets will also be sold on Wellness Wednesday from 1:00 – 3:00 pm.  Tickets will be sold in the Auditorium Foyer.  Get yours before it is too late!

******

Are you interested in being a NASH Student Council Officer next school year? If so, please join us for an informational online meeting on Wednesday, April 14 at 12:30pm, where we will discuss potential officer positions and election logistics. Any sophomore or junior who has been in Student Council is eligible to run! If you are interested please email Mr.Zebley at [email protected]  for the meeting link.

******

The Borough of Franklin Park is looking for their community’s youth to get involved in local government and are looking for Junior Councilpersons for the program. Any Junior or Senior who would be interested in serving a one-year term can find more information on the counter in the counseling office. If you are a resident of Franklin Park, please consider this great opportunity.

******

The North Allegheny Federation of Teachers wishes to thank all the fine candidates who applied for the annual NAFT scholarship.  The following students have been selected as finalists competing for the scholarship.  They are Michael Drazga, Miarra Misutka, Mia Naccarato, Nicholas Palermo, Sophia Schweiger. Congratulations to these finalists!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!