November 9, 2017

THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES WILL BE VISITING NASH TODAY:

Westminster College at 10:41 AM

Alfred University at 11:26 AM

Elmira College at 12:11 PM

Sign up to visit with a representative in your Naviance account. Each meeting will take place in the college visit reception area located next to the auditorium foyer unless otherwise noted.

****

The North Allegheny Athletic Department will sponsor student buses to Friday night’s WPIAL 6A semi-final game at Ambridge. Our opponent will be Pine Richland. All NA students in grades 9 through 12 are eligible to take part in this offer. The total cost for your ticket and transportation is $7.00. You must buy your package at either the NASH Athletic Office or the NAI Main Office. The deadline to purchase is Friday, November 10 at 11:00 am. Student Buses will load at the NASH Gymnasium parking lot at 5:45 pm and will depart promptly at 6:00 pm. Buses will return to NASH immediately following the game. Our student section will dress for a white-out.

****

So far we had to use these bad chemistry jokes because all the good ones Argon.

If you are interested in chemistry join the american chemical society. We will run monthly experiments, talk about lab experience, and have guest speakers. Our first meeting will be Today, Thursday November 9th after school at 2:45 in room 337. If you have any questions please ask Mr. Omasits

****

There will be an informational meeting during Homeroom on Wednesday and Thursday Nov. 15 and 16th  for any student interested in joining the NASH SKI CLUB.  Plan to attend one of the 2 meeting dates if you want the opportunity to be part of the NASH SKI CLUB.  Meetings will be held in the MPR.

****

Attention Grandview Mentors:  Please plan to attend an informational session either TODAY or Friday, Nov. 10th during homeroom in the NASH Library Multipurpose Room.  We will review the important details that you need to know for our first visit to Grandview on Monday, November 13th.  (You only need to attend one of the two training sessions.)

****

Hey HOSA members! Are you interested in winning medical competitions and learning from healthcare symposiums? Represent North Allegheny at the HOSA State Leadership Conference! Come to the HOSA meeting on Wednesday November 15 for more information.

****

Attention Fashion Club members:  There is a fashion club meeting TODAY at 2:45 in the NASH FCS room 197.  Our meeting will feature Emmy nominated journalist Sara Bauknecht, fashion writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.  This meeting is not limited to fashion club members; any student with an interest in journalism is welcome to join us for this special guest!  Questions?  See Mrs. Gallagher

****

Hey everyone! The NASH canned food drive will begin next Monday November 13th and conclude on Friday November 17th with prizes giveaways each day! This year’s goal of 12,000 can’s CAN BE REACHED! Student council will provide daily incentives including a reward of Mr. Krieder’s parking spot for the day if you bring in the most cans for the day. Also, all students who bring in 20 cans will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win $100 Amazon gift card. WOW!!  Lastly, the homeroom with the most cans collected overall at the end of the week will receive a donut breakfast & Juice breakfast party. 50 cents is equal to one can, and… all proceeds go to the North Hills Food Bank.

****

HOSA is holding a Treats for Troops fundraiser to collect candy for Military Connections Corporation. If you have leftover candy, please donate and spread the word to your friends! Donations go to Mrs. Spak in room 363 until Friday, November 10th

****

[Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!]  It’s been looking a lot like the holidays in the NASH interior design classes!  Check out their gingerbread house display in the NASH cafeteria and use the QR code to vote for your favorite!  The winners will proceed to the PPG Gingerbread House Display & Competition at the PPG Place.  Thank you!

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at NASHUPROAR.ORG.  Thanks, and have a great day.