November 14, 2017

Attention All Students… please make sure to check your email for an important announcement regarding the NEW Student Service Desk!

****

THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES WILL BE VISITING NASH TODAY:

Penn State University at 10:41 AM

Sign up to visit with a representative in your Naviance account. Each meeting will take place in the college visit reception area located next to the auditorium foyer unless otherwise noted.

****

The Canned Food Drive is now underway this week only! Bring in your cans and earn one of the many prize give-a-ways this year!

*Daily prize, most cans will receive a one day parking pass for Mr. Kreider’s spot or a $5 Starbucks gift card.

*For every 20 cans receive one raffle ticket for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card.

*Homeroom with the most cans each day will receive a donut and juice breakfast party.

ALL proceeds go to the North Hills Food Bank. Cash & checks are accepted, every 50 cents equal’s one can. Just a little effort goes a long way. Go for NASH, we got this!

****

If you are already 18, a US citizen, and  Pennsylvania resident, we want you to register to vote!! NASH’s newest club Inspire is having a voter registration drive in the cafeteria after school TODAY.  There will be pizza for those who attend!  Please bring your laptop and your ID, and please know your social security number.  Hope to see you there!

****

Hey NASH! The NASH GSA is getting SAUCY! Come see what it is all about. Room 232 on Wednesday after school. Students of all persuasions are welcome!  

****

Origami Club will be meeting this Thursday after school in room 214. All are welcome.

****

The fall play Almost, Maine plays this Friday, Nov. 17 and Nov. 18 at 730.  Be sure to pick up a ticket to this fantastic show during any lunch.

****

The Actor’s Society has 70 tickets left for sale to the Saturday, Dec. 16th  7:30 private screening of The Last Jedi.

Tickets are $15; see Mr. Truesdell in Room 221 to purchase tickets.  

****

Would you like to learn more about Surgicorps International, a local group that provides free surgical and medical care to people around the world? On Wednesday, Nov. 22nd, Ms. DeNese Olson from Surgicorps is coming to NASH to speak with students during periods 3 and 4 in room 365.  Stop by the GOAL Office to pick up a permission form if you are interested in attending this presentation.

Ms. Olson is also accepting donations—things like travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, Clorox wipes, and small toys such as match box cars for children.  Surgicorps travels with many non-medical items to give to patients so any donation is appreciated. Please drop off donations in the box in the GOAL Office, room 249A.

****

There will be an informational meeting during Homeroom on Wednesday and Thursday Nov. 15 and 16th  for any student interested in joining the NASH SKI CLUB.  Plan to attend one of the 2 meeting dates if you want the opportunity to be part of the NASH SKI CLUB.  Meetings will be held in the MPR.

****

Attention all students going to see The Humans at the Pittsburgh Public Theater on Wednesday, November 15th.

Please meet in the NASH cafeteria lobby at 8:20 a.m. and bring money for brunch, as we will be stopping to eat on the way to the theater.  We will get back to NASH around 1:30.

Please dress up for the theater!  If you haven’t yet turned in a permission form, please be sure to turn it in to Mrs. Lombardi in room 249A.

****

French Club will meet this Thursday after school in room 214 to elect club officers for this year and to play French word games.  

****

Hey HOSA members! Do you want to learn about patients in a state of emergency? Or how doctors and nurses handle patients with unknown diseases? Come to the NASH library after school next Tuesday, November 21 to explore the emergency room through the life of a trauma nurse.

****

There will be a mandatory DECA meeting for all district competitors in the Place  tomorrow during homeroom. The registration fee and field trip forms will be collected, and important information will be shared. Attendance will be taken.

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at NASHUPROAR.ORG.  Thanks, and have a great day.