November 15, 2017

Our Girls Volleyball Team will compete for the PIAA Championship vs. Bishop Shanahan on Saturday, November 18th at Richland High School in Johnstown, PA. , with the match scheduled to begin at 5:00 P.M.  The Athletic Department will sponsor a spectator bus for students in grades 9 through 12. The bus will depart from the high school parking lot at 1:30 PM and return at approximately 9:30 PM.  Sign-ups will be available in the Athletic Office for juniors and seniors and at the Main Office at NAI for freshmen and sophomores. The cost is $14.00, which includes the match ticket and transportation.  Deadline for reserving your spot will be on Friday at 11:00 AM. No refunds will be given.

****

THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES WILL BE VISITING NASH TODAY:

Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising at 12:11 pm

Sign up to visit with a representative in your Naviance account. Each meeting will take place in the college visit reception area located next to the auditorium foyer unless otherwise noted.

****

French Club will be meeting today in room 214 at 2:20 pm.  Please plan to attend.  We will be voting on officers, playing French word games, and setting the date for the “Bûche de Noël” bash in December.

****

Origami Club will meet today after school in room 212.  Reduce your stress.  Make origami!  All are welcome.

*****

The Canned Food Drive is now underway this week only! Bring in your cans and earn one of the many prize give-a-ways this year!

*Daily prize, most cans will receive a one day parking pass for Mr. Kreider’s spot or a $5 Starbucks gift card.

*For every 20 cans receive one raffle ticket for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card.

*Homeroom with the most cans each day will receive a donut and juice breakfast party.

ALL proceeds go to the North Hills Food Bank. Cash & checks are accepted, every 50 cents equals one can. Just a little effort goes a long way. Go for NASH, we got this!

****

The fall play Almost, Maine plays this Friday, Nov. 17 and Nov. 18 at 730.  Be sure to pick up a ticket to this fantastic show during any lunch.

****

The Actor’s Society has 70 tickets left for sale to the Saturday, Dec. 16th  7:30 private screening of The Last Jedi.

Tickets are $15; see Mr. Truesdell in Room 221 to purchase tickets.

****

Would you like to learn more about Surgicorps International, a local group that provides free surgical and medical care to people around the world? On Wednesday, Nov. 22nd, Ms. DeNese Olson from Surgicorps is coming to NASH to speak with students during periods 3 and 4 in room 365.  Stop by the GOAL Office to pick up a permission form if you are interested in attending this presentation.

Ms. Olson is also accepting donations—things like travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, Clorox wipes, and small toys such as match box cars for children.  Surgicorps travels with many non-medical items to give to patients so any donation is appreciated. Please drop off donations in the box in the GOAL Office, room 249A.

****

Hey HOSA members! Do you want to learn about patients in a state of emergency? Or how doctors and nurses handle patients with unknown diseases? Come to the NASH library after school next Tuesday, November 21 to explore the emergency room through the life of a trauma nurse.

****

The NASH Multicultural Student Union will have its meeting on Friday, November 17th during lunch. Stop by the library/MPR during your lunch period to join.

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at NASHUPROAR.ORG.  Thanks, and have a great day.