January 20, 2022

Table Tennis Club at NAI for today, January 20th, has been canceled.  I repeat, Table Tennis Club at NAI for today, January 20th, has been canceled.  We will resume our regularly scheduled meetings next week.

******

Hey, NASH!  MORP is scheduled for February 12th.  Tickets will be on sale for $25 per person from January 31st to February 8th.  Please note: Tickets will not be sold after February 8th.  Hope to see you at the dance!  

******

The TigerThon ice skating event is happening on Saturday, January 22nd from 7-9pm at the Lemieux Sports Complex.  For $10, you get admission and rental skates.  All proceeds go to the fight to cure childhood cancer.  Grab a friend and skate on over this Saturday.  Check the link in the TigerThon Instagram bio, or just show up to the event stating that you’re here for TigerThon.

******

The Ski Club is hosting its next trip to Seven Springs on February 4th.  If you’re interested in attending, please bring your $25 check payable to NASH TOMORROW.  Yes, that’s TOMORROW.  The Ski Club needs 45 students in order to make the trip possible.  See Mrs. Kohlmann, Leigh Failla, or Andrew Como for more information.

******

The Key Club is hosting a T-shirt drive through TOMORROW to benefit Zip with Us.  This organization donates custom-made zip shirts to kids with cancer across the country. Please consider donating a new t-shirt with tags on.  Sizes needed are 2t to adult XL.  Need some design ideas? Shirts with dinosaurs, princesses, superheroes, unicorns, and more. Don’t have time to shop?  The LSS/AS class will do it for you!  Please donate cash to room 268.  Any amount is appreciated. All shirts can be dropped off to room 337 or room 268.

******

Do you have any videos from the homecoming parade or dance, football games, after school activities, marching band, or any other event — big or small — from this school year?  Two seniors are creating a short film to honor the NASH student body to be presented at the end of the year, but they are missing footage from the beginning of the 2021-22 school year.  If you have any video clips you would like to be used in the short film, please submit them to the Google folder found in your email from January 6th or on Blackboard Student Information.  Please keep the videos school-appropriate, as this video will be made public at the end of the school year.

******

The Highmark Caring Place for Grieving Children is holding its 6th Annual Poster Contest, and ALL STUDENTS are welcome to participate.  The theme this year is Coping with Difficult Feelings.  For details about the contest, check out one of the flyers placed around the school or see Mr. Longo in the Main Office.  All entries are to be turned in to Mr. Longo by FRIDAY, JANUARY 28th.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for YOUR Throwback Thursday!