April 28, 2022

Sunday, May 1 is College Signing Day!  Senior students are asked to wear something announcing their college, university, armed forces, trade school, or career choice for their future on Monday, May 2. 

******

The deadline has been extended for the McCandless Democratic Committee Scholarship to May 7th! There were no applications for the first time ever and the committee has been kind enough to extend the deadline. This scholarship is for NA students only.  Please apply through the posted application in Naviance.

******

This week, the Red Cross Club and NA JROTC are partnering up to run a donation drive to benefit the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. Students with contributions should report directly to room 322 with their donations during homeroom. The homeroom that raises the most funds by Friday will win a donut breakfast. The NAJROTC will be collecting and donating items to the Rankin Croatian Home in Swissvale, PA. Items needed include hygiene products, phone chargers, coffee, blankets, raincoats, and dry pet food. A full list can be found in your email. These items can be brought directly to room 322 and placed on the table inside the door. 

******

Attention Seniors, please refer to the weekly Friday communication sent to parents or the recent email sent to all seniors to complete the form to publish any scholarships and/or financial awards that you have accepted.  An official document must be uploaded from the issuing entity announcing your award.  No monetary amounts will be posted.  The deadline for submission is May 13.  Please see Mrs. Galbraith in the Counseling Office with any questions or concerns regarding this process.

******

Attention Seniors: Any senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services should please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans.

******

Attention students and staff, the Key Club is sponsoring a children’s book drive for the Salvation Army through May 2.  Please drop off your books on the cart outside of room 337.  Your donations are greatly appreciated.

******

In STEEL CITY HACKS, students get 30 hours to code their best project in an “Ideathon.”  You can make this happen by being either a volunteer or a participant.  STEEL CITY HACKS is organized by STEEL CITY CODES, which was founded by NA students and is now a nationwide entity. STEEL CITY HACKS takes place from April 30 – May 1. There are levels for participants and various opportunities for volunteers.  For more information, and to sign up, please contact Daksh Goyal or Alok Shah

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for YOUR Throwback Thursday!