April 29, 2022

The 2022-2023 NASH Student Council leadership team is as follows: President David Shi, Vice President Sam Lopuszynski, Treasurer Cate Maldia, Recording Secretary Tess Erimias, Corresponding Secretary Harshi Chinnam, Publicity Directory Maddy Kasunich, and Student School Board Representative Brendan White.

******

Juniors are you interested in planning events like homecoming, outdoor movie night, staff appreciation events, winter wonderland, and much more? Spring NASH student council applications are on the Blackboard student information site, and are open until Friday, May 13th.  If you are interested in a cabinet head position for the 2022-2023 school year it is strongly recommended that you apply today.

******

How would you like to win an NA water bottle THIS MORNING?!  Welcome to Fun Fact Friday, a weekly trivia competition on your Friday morning announcements [***5 second intro will play***] The first student to answer the following question about a staff member at NASH will win their own North Allegheny Water Bottle…. WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER READ OVER !)) BOOKS IN 2021? To repeat,  WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER READ OVER !)) BOOKS IN 2021?  The first student to submit a correct answer through Blackboard under NASH Student Information will win an NA water bottle!

******

DECA members continued their record-breaking year at the DECA International Career Development Conference held in Atlanta, where over 14,000 students competed and attended leadership academies!  Amanda Hulver placed in the top 10 for accounting. Finalists included Shuban Tiwari, Milun Jain, the team of Aria Ogle & Vedha Avali, and partners Amsu Yallalacheruvu & Harshi Chinnam. Those receiving silver medallions for top test or role play scores were Amanda Hulver, Shuban Tiwari, Maanas Belambe and Collin Wang. Hannah Shin was honored with the first ever DECA President Award!  She was selected from state presidents from all 50 states and 9 countries!!! Hannah was also recognized on stage for receiving a national DECA Scholarship. The PA DECA State Officer Team, under the leadership of Hannah, received the top award for their innovative statewide initiatives this year! Congratulations to all ICDC award recipients!

******

A reminder that Jess Daninhirsh and Michelle Hwang are putting together a video that reviews this past school year and the class of 2022’s experience in general. If you have any clips that represent your time here (such as from sports practices, club meetings, dances, football games, just in the hallways etc. etc.), they would love to have them! Please submit your videos using the Google form on Blackboard announcements. They will stop taking videos on May 5th, so please make sure to submit anything you want by then. Also, we plan to include footage of seniors answering the question “What word would you use to describe your experience at NA?”. If you are interested in being in this video or have something you would like to say, please see or email Jess or Michelle so they can schedule a time to film you. 

******

Sunday, May 1 is College Signing Day!  Senior students are asked to wear something announcing their college, university, armed forces, trade school, or career choice for their future on Monday, May 2. 

******

The deadline has been extended for the McCandless Democratic Committee Scholarship to May 7th! There were no applications for the first time ever and the committee has been kind enough to extend the deadline. This scholarship is for NA students only.  Please apply through the posted application in Naviance.

******

Attention Seniors, please refer to the weekly Friday communication sent to parents or the recent email sent to all seniors to complete the form to publish any scholarships and/or financial awards that you have accepted.  An official document must be uploaded from the issuing entity announcing your award.  No monetary amounts will be posted.  The deadline for submission is May 13.  Please see Mrs. Galbraith in the Counseling Office with any questions or concerns regarding this process.

******

Attention Seniors: Any senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services should please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans.

******

Attention students and staff, the Key Club is sponsoring a children’s book drive for the Salvation Army through May 2.  Please drop off your books on the cart outside of room 337.  Your donations are greatly appreciated.

******

In STEEL CITY HACKS, students get 30 hours to code their best project in an “Ideathon.”  You can make this happen by being either a volunteer or a participant.  STEEL CITY HACKS is organized by STEEL CITY CODES which was founded by NA students and is now a nationwide entity. STEEL CITY HACKS takes place from April 30 – May 1. There are levels for participants and various opportunities for volunteers.   For more information, and to sign up, please contact Daksh Goyal or Alok Shah.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for some fabulous and fly Friday features!