May 2, 2022

This week Jr. Class is sponsoring NASH WELLNESS WEEK!  You will find an activity each day to help lift your spirits and deal with the stress of those AP exams!  We will also be playing a fun song each morning.  Here is our event for today…. DID YOU KNOW THAT COLORING CAN REDUCE STRESS AND ANXIETY.  It induces the same state of mind that meditating does.   So today during lunch visit our wellness table to pick up some coloring pages and meditate away. Stay tuned for more events the rest of the week!   

******

As part of our WELLNESS WEEK activities.   We will be welcoming our Therapy dogs during lunch on Friday.  You need to bring in $5 or donate a new dog toy to join us.   All proceeds go to this animal organization.  Did you know that the simple act of petting animals releases an automatic relaxation response that can lower anxiety, provide comfort, reduce loneliness, increase mental stimulation, provide an escape or happy distraction, and act as catalysts in the therapy process. So we hope to see you there! 

******

Juniors are you interested in planning events like homecoming, outdoor movie night, staff appreciation events, winter wonderland, and much more? Spring NASH student council applications are on the Blackboard student information site, and are open until Friday, May 13th.  If you are interested in a cabinet head position for the 2022-2023 school year it is strongly recommended that you apply today.

******

A reminder that Jess Daninhirsh and Michelle Hwang are putting together a video that reviews this past school year and the class of 2022’s experience in general. If you have any clips that represent your time here (such as from sports practices, club meetings, dances, football games, just in the hallways etc. etc.), they would love to have them! Please submit your videos using the Google form on Blackboard announcements. They will stop taking videos on May 5th, so please make sure to submit anything you want by then. Also, we plan to include footage of seniors answering the question “What word would you use to describe your experience at NA?”. If you are interested in being in this video or have something you would like to say, please see or email Jess or Michelle so they can schedule a time to film you. 

******

The deadline has been extended for the McCandless Democratic Committee Scholarship to May 7th! There were no applications for the first time ever and the committee has been kind enough to extend the deadline. This scholarship is for NA students only.  Please apply through the posted application in Naviance.

******

The NA GSA meeting scheduled for This Wednesday, May 4th, has been cancelled. Again, this week’s NA GSA meeting is cancelled.  

******

Attention Seniors, please refer to the weekly Friday communication sent to parents or the recent email sent to all seniors to complete the form to publish any scholarships and/or financial awards that you have accepted.  An official document must be uploaded from the issuing entity announcing your award.  No monetary amounts will be posted.  The deadline for submission is May 13.  Please see Mrs. Galbraith in the Counseling Office with any questions or concerns regarding this process.

******

Attention Seniors: Any senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services should please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans.

******

Attention students and staff, the Key Club is sponsoring a children’s book drive for the Salvation Army through the end of the day TODAY.  Please drop off your books on the cart outside of room 337.  Your donations are greatly appreciated.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!