May 6, 2022

Join us this Saturday from 6-10 as we celebrate the culmination of our year-long effort to put an end to pediatric cancer. TigerThon will be hosting the annual dance marathon with zumba, team dance-offs, caricatures, and a wing eating competition! 

*****

Attention Seniors: The last day to buy your senior banquet tickets is after school TODAY.  Payment will be taken by check made payable to NASH for $85.  Please put your name in the memo line on the check.  See Dr. Dirda’s email sent last Friday for more information.

******

How would you like to win an NA water bottle THIS MORNING?!  Welcome to Fun Fact Friday, a weekly trivia competition on your Friday morning announcements [***5 second intro will play***] The first student to answer the following question about a staff member at NASH will win their own North Allegheny Water Bottle…. WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER WORKED AS A SECRETARY IN A LAND ROVER DEALERSHIP IN ST. ANDREW’S, SCOTLAND WHILE ATTENDING COLLEGE IN DUNDEE, SCOTLAND? To repeat,  WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER WORKED AS A SECRETARY IN A LAND ROVER DEALERSHIP IN ST. ANDREW’S, SCOTLAND WHILE ATTENDING COLLEGE IN DUNDEE, SCOTLAND?  The first student to submit a correct answer through Blackboard under NASH Student Information will win an NA water bottle!

******

Today is the day….our therapy dog visitation!!  Today during lunch stop by and visit our furry friends.   The cost is a $5 or bring in a new unused dog toy to donate. 

******

Juniors are you interested in planning events like homecoming, outdoor movie night, staff appreciation events, winter wonderland, and much more? Spring NASH student council applications are on the Blackboard student information site, and are open until Friday, May 13th.  If you are interested in a cabinet head position for the 2022-2023 school year it is strongly recommended that you apply today.

******

The deadline has been extended for the McCandless Democratic Committee Scholarship to May 7th! There were no applications for the first time ever and the committee has been kind enough to extend the deadline. This scholarship is for NA students only.  Please apply through the posted application in Naviance.

******

Attention Seniors, please refer to the weekly Friday communication sent to parents or the recent email sent to all seniors to complete the form to publish any scholarships and/or financial awards that you have accepted.  An official document must be uploaded from the issuing entity announcing your award.  No monetary amounts will be posted.  The deadline for submission is May 13.  Please see Mrs. Galbraith in the Counseling Office with any questions or concerns regarding this process.

******

The NASH Art Show will be Wednesday, May 11th after school from 6:30-8:30 PM. Join us for a night filled with NASH student artwork, interactive activities, pottery wheel demonstrations, and student performances.

******

Attention Seniors: Any senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services should please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for some fabulous and fly Friday features!