September 1, 2022

Any students who have a study hall in their schedule should refresh and check their Tyler Sis schedule to see if there were any changes to their study hall room number or teacher name change for their assigned study hall.

******

You’re invited to the NASH student activities fair on Friday, September 2nd in the cafeteria during all lunches. Look for the tables in the cafeteria on the sides and in the front. Come to lunch ready to find new ways to get involved here at NASH!

****

NASH Student Council is looking for more student leaders to help plan the many memorable events of the year! If you are interested in planning dances, spirit events, and staff appreciation events, scan the QR code on our posters or see us at the activity fair. Applications are due Friday, September 2nd.

******

Attention GOAL students: Your first monthly meeting will take place during homeroom this Friday, September 2nd. GOAL juniors and seniors should report to the Library on the 2nd floor at the start of homeroom.

******

National English Honor Society is an organization that gives students the opportunity to give back to their community by utilizing writing and creativity while gaining experience and an honors cord.  If you are interested in learning more about National English Honor Society, there will be an informational meeting after school in the library TODAY. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please see Ms. Tallerico in room 261. 

******

Are you a senior student applying to Pitt or Penn State?  On Tuesday, September 6, an admissions counselor from Penn State will be hosting three lunchtime Self Reported Academic Record sessions in the NASH library.  The SRAR is a mandatory part of both the Pitt and PSU application, and it requires students to record all of the classes they have taken in grades 9-12. In order to get the most out of this session, we suggest you at least create a Pitt or PSU application account prior to September 6.  You will also need a copy of your transcript to complete your individual SRAR.  A copy can be found in the Documents section of Tyler, and it might be helpful to print this out prior to the session. Please register for your lunch session in your Naviance account in the College Visits section.  Remember to access Naviance via your TigerID.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for an important announcement from NASH Assistant Principal Mr. Salopek.