September 6, 2022

Seniors who are eligible to apply for National Honor Society have been invited to apply via their NA email.  NHS applications from eligible seniors are due TODAY by 2:30pm . Please contact Mrs. Oliver or Mr. Tengowski with any questions.

******

If you’d like to learn more about DECA, plan to attend the informational meeting after school in the NASH Library on Wednesday, September 7th.

******

Are you interested in Competition Robotics?  The Robotics Club will hold its first meeting on Wednesday, September 7th after school in Room 242 from 2:30 to 3:30.  If you cannot attend this first meeting and are still interested, please email or see Mr. Lauster in room 242 for more information.

******

Attention all leaders of clubs, activities, and sports. NASH Student Council is looking to grow our school’s homecoming parade to be bigger than ever! If you lead a club, activity, or sport and want to be involved in the homecoming parade come to a brief informational meeting Wednesday, September 7th during homeroom in the auditorium and contact Mr. Karolski with any questions.

******

Are you a senior student applying to Pitt or Penn State?  TODAY, an admissions counselor from Penn State will be hosting three lunchtime Self Reported Academic Record sessions in the NASH library.  The SRAR is a mandatory part of both the Pitt and PSU application, and it requires students to record all of the classes they have taken in grades 9-12. In order to get the most out of this session, we suggest you at least create a Pitt or PSU application account prior to the meeting.  You will also need a copy of your transcript to complete your individual SRAR.  A copy can be found in the Documents section of Tyler, and it might be helpful to print this out prior to the session. Please register for your lunch session in your Naviance account in the College Visits section.  Remember to access Naviance via your TigerID.

******

The NA Interact Club will have its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 13th from 2:20 – 3:15. Students ending their day at NAI should meet at NAI in the Tiger Lounge. Students ending their day at NASH should report to the NASH “PLACE” (the room with a mural on the 2nd floor attached to the NASH Library).

******

Are you interested in a career in the health professions?  Do you want to be a doctor, a nurse, a physical therapist, a pharmacist, a veterinarian, or something else in the medical field?  You may be interested in joining HOSA!  There will be an informational meeting at NAI in room 611 – Wednesday September 7th after school.

******

Calling all history lovers! The North Allegheny History Bowl team is looking for new members for the 2022-2023 season. Whether you’re fascinated by the Emu War, the Mona Lisa’s many thefts, Handel’s Water Music on the River Thames, or any other interesting aspect of history, History Bowl has a place for you. Please contact [email protected], [email protected], or Mrs. Ruffolo in the GOAL Office for more information. 

******

Interested in National Art Honor Society? NAHS is more than just painting or drawing. It consists of art-based volunteer activities for the school and community, meaning you don’t have to be an amazing artist to participate. Sign up using the QR codes hung up in the hallways and by the art room. The deadline to sign up is September 16th, but the first introductory meeting is on September 8th in room 190.

******

Are you interested in participating in one of the oldest Olympic Sports? If so, the Fencing Club is the perfect opportunity! Our club meets every Friday in the NAI cafeteria. Practice begins at 2:45 for High School students. Our informational meeting is on September 9 from 3:15-4:30 in the NAI cafeteria. If you’re interested in joining, email us at [email protected]

No experience is needed! We hope to see you there!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for an important announcement from NASH Assistant Principal Dr. McEwen.