September 8, 2022

On Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 12 and 13, School Counselors will be meeting with their senior students in large groups to go over the college application process. We will be running Activity Bell Schedule 1 for both of these days. On Monday Sept. 12, Senior Students Last Name A-Dn will meet in the Library, Senior Students Last Name Do-J will meet in the Cafeteria, and Senior Students Last Name K-M will meet in the auditorium. On Tuesday Sept. 13,m Senior Students Last Name N-Sh will meet in the Library, and Senior Students Last Name Si-Z will meet in the  Cafeteria.

******

Attention all students: Please complete the NASH Student Handbook Review Google form during Homeroom today or next week indicating that you have reviewed our NASD 9-12 Student Handbook. All students are required to review the expectations that are shared in the handbook. Please visit our NASH Student Blackboard page to locate the form. This information was also reviewed during our grade level assemblies and from our NASH administration during morning announcements throughout the beginning of the school year.  This form is due by Wednesday, September 14.  Thank you and Go Tigers!

******

Attention all student drivers: If you are using an index card as your parking tag, please pick up your new parking tag in the cafeteria at all lunch periods today.

******

The NA Interact Club will have its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 13th from 2:20 – 3:15. Students ending their day at NAI should meet at NAI in the Tiger Lounge. Students ending their day at NASH should report to the NASH “PLACE” attached to the NASH Library.

******

If you are interested in foreign policy and want to get more experience, Model UN may be for you! Model UN is a club where you can represent either a person or country and speak for their point of view. The first informational meeting for new and old members is on September 15th after school in the NASH library . We will begin at 2:45 and the meeting will end at 3:30. Learn to be a diplomat, join Model UN!  We hope to see you there!

******

Starting next week, colleges and universities will begin visiting NASH during all lunch periods. Please check your Naviance account for the complete list of visitors.  You can sign up to meet with a visiting college representative through Naviance. Report to the designated location at the time of the visit. There is no pass required.  Attendance will be taken at the meeting. If you have any questions, stop by the Counseling Office.

******

Calling all history lovers! The North Allegheny History Bowl team is looking for new members for the 2022-2023 season. Whether you’re fascinated by the Emu War, the Mona Lisa’s many thefts, Handel’s Water Music on the River Thames, or any other interesting aspect of history, History Bowl has a place for you. Please contact [email protected], [email protected], or Mrs. Ruffolo in the GOAL Office for more information. 

******

Interested in National Art Honor Society? NAHS is more than just painting or drawing. It consists of art-based volunteer activities for the school and community, meaning you don’t have to be an amazing artist to participate. Sign up using the QR codes hung up in the hallways and by the art room. The deadline to sign up is September 16th, but the first introductory meeting is on September 8th in room 190.

******

Are you interested in participating in one of the oldest Olympic Sports? If so, the Fencing Club is the perfect opportunity! Our club meets every Friday in the NAI cafeteria. Practice begins at 2:45 for High School students. Our informational meeting is on September 9 from 3:15-4:30 in the NAI cafeteria. If you’re interested in joining, email us at [email protected]

No experience is needed! We hope to see you there!

******

Are you interested in learning more about Black history and engaging in discussions about Black culture? Well, then the Black Student Union is the place for you…This Friday, the Black Student Union will be hosting its first meeting of the year. The meeting is a tailgate outside of NASH before the 7:30 pm home football game! The tailgate will start at 5:00 pm and end roughly at 7:00 pm before the game. There will be food, music, and fun, so be sure to stop by!

******

Hey NA Tiger fans….. football season is here! NA Cheer Booster T-Shirts will be on sale during all lunch periods the following Fridays at NASH:  September 9, September 16, October 7, October 21, and October 28, 2022.  T-shirts are also on sale at all NA Friday night home football games.  Payment cash – $15 short sleeve, $20 long sleeve.  Help support our cheerleaders and show your NA spirit!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for YOUR Throwback Thursday!