September 30, 2022

NASH Student Council is proud to present the 2022 Homecoming dance themed Stroll Through Paris. The dance will be Saturday, October 8th from 7:30-10:30. Tickets must be purchased in advance and the final date for ticket sales is TODAY for $25 a person. 24 hours prior to purchase you must complete the form linked on the NASH student Information Blackboard page. Ticket sales will occur during lunch and after school in the cafeteria.

******

The following universities will be visiting NASH today.  There will be two universities during 5th period lunch. Bucknell University, during 5th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. The University of Alabama, during 5th lunch in the Auditorium. University of Akron Main Campus, during 6th lunch in the Auditorium. Please sign up to meet with the representative using your Naviance account.

******

TigerThon T-Shirts for the white-out game vs Mt. Lebanon will be on sale during all lunch periods for $20 October 3rd through 7th. All proceeds will go to Tigerthon. Don’t Forget to Stop by!

******

PSAT registration is now open for juniors.  Please pick up a registration form in the counseling office or print one from the NASH homepage.  The test will be administered on Saturday, October 15th.  The cost of the test is $30 if you register by October 3rd.

******

NASH will be hosting a Financial Aid presentation on Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 6:00 pm in the Auditorium.  A representative from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency will be presenting on the FAFSA and the CSS Profile, as well as state grants, loans, and other means to help pay for college.  Because the FAFSA will be available on October 1 for seniors, this presentation is primarily geared toward senior families, but it can be beneficial to any high school parent interested in learning more about the financial aid process.

******

Great news, NASH! TSA, the Technology Student Association, is back and under new management. If you love everything technology, give TSA a look. From video game design, to architecture, to computer science, TSA will allow you to design, create and compete against high schools from all over the state. If you’re interested, there will be a brief meeting after school this Thursday in room 240. If you cannot attend see or email Mr. Banks.

******

Do you speak a second language? Are you learning a second language in school? Are you looking to earn some volunteer hours? Foreign Lingo Club is looking for 11th and 12th graders who would be interested in teaching middle school students about a foreign language. We will be holding an informational meeting on October 5th from 2:30-3:30 in room 322. Join us to learn more about all the awesome opportunities that FLC has to offer!

******

The North Allegheny Cross Country team is hosting its annual Shoe drive for Soles4souls. It will last until October 24th. We accept any type of shoe in any condition, so please donate your shoes to the bin in the cafeteria. NHS members can receive 1 hour for any amount of pairs donated. If you are in Key Club, every 4 pairs of shoes count as 1 donation hour. You can reach out to Vincent Rotunno or Sophie Kollitz with any questions.

******

We are pleased to announce the start of the Digital Art and Computer Vision club at NASH. This new club will provide opportunities to explore the intertwining of art and technology such as virtual reality art, AI art, 3D animation, computer vision, digital drawing, and more. Everyone is welcome to join! The first meeting is October 27th after school until 3:15 at the NASH PLACE attached to the library. The topic will be virtual reality drawing, and club members can try their hand at drawing in 3D space with a virtual reality headset. Please contact Helen Mao or Mrs. Lombardi if you have questions or would like to sign up. You may also sign up during the first meeting on October 27th. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for footage from last night’s Open House!