October 25, 2022

Attention all students: If you attended the Homecoming Dance and found a black male jacket that doesn’t belong to you, please return it to the Main Office as soon as possible.

******

Hey NASH, are you interested in anything and everything Architecture? 

Do you want to learn how to create 3D designs involving Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Interior Design, or Landscape Design? 

Maybe you want to design your dream house and walk through it using Virtual Reality? If so, come check out the newly formed NASH Architecture Club. In this club, you will learn how to use 3D Design Software and create a college portfolio.  We will also host speakers, possible college visits, and tours. We may even make the most amazing Gingerbread house ever!!! You’ll see our posters all over the school. Sign up for more information about this amazing opportunity and our first workshop.  If you cannot attend but are interested, please see Mr. Banks, Katie Herald or Ava Bucci.

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: Wells College, during 5th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Please sign up to meet with the representative using your Naviance account.

******

The NA Gender and Sexuality Alliance is meeting this Wednesday, October 26th at 2:30 in The Place at NASH. The GSA is open to all LGBTQ students and their allies. Please join us. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

Attention students interested in taking AP Exams.  Early bird registration will run through November 10th.  Late registration will follow but with monetary penalties. The registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher.

******

Attention Seniors:  Interested in a chance to win a free ticket to the 2023 Senior Banquet on the Gateway Clipper valued at $80 or a free 2023 Senior T-shirt? It’s time to start putting together some great Halloween costumes.  On October 31st, the Senior Class will be having a Halloween Costume Contest.  Wear your best, most creative costume to school on that Monday and get your picture taken in room 313 before school or during homeroom to be entered into the contest.  Please note: Full face make-up, costume masks and play weapons are not allowed at school.  A secret panel of teachers will be doing the judging and winners will be announced on Thursday, November 3rd.  

******

Blankets and beanies are being collected for the patients at the AHN Cancer Institute. These comfort items will help during their treatments and day to day life! So, throughout October, NHS, Key Club, and Interact club will all be collecting new blankets and beanies for the patients. For more information, please scan the QR codes posted on the fliers throughout the school!

******

Do you want to learn to save lives? Know first aid? Become CPR certified? If so, the North Allegheny CPR Club is perfect for you! The club is a student-run initiative advocating for first aid and CPR educational opportunities amongst high school students. Please scan one of the flyers posted around the school, or follow our Instagram @nacprclub to sign up!

******

We are pleased to announce the start of the Digital Art and Computer Vision club at NASH. This new club will provide opportunities to explore the intertwining of art and technology such as virtual reality art, AI art, 3D animation, computer vision, digital drawing, and more. Everyone is welcome to join! The first meeting is October 27th after school until 3:15 at the NASH PLACE attached to the library. The topic will be virtual reality drawing, and club members can try their hand at drawing in 3D space with a virtual reality headset. Please contact Helen Mao or Mrs. Lombardi if you have questions or would like to sign up. You may also sign up during the first meeting on October 27th. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!