November 1, 2022

Attention: Those of you who signed up for Junior Class Council – there is a meeting in Room 196 RIGHT NOW. Again, head down to Room 196 right now if you signed up to be part of Junior Class Council!    

​​*****

The mission of NA Empower is to empower our students and staff to create a more inclusive community that recognizes, honors, and celebrates our differences. NA Empower is working to build awareness and appreciation for multiple cultures. As the District works to finalize its 2023-2024 Activities Calendar, we are reviewing our list of holidays, observances, and awareness days throughout the year, and we’d love to include your input by completing the brief survey that is now available on NASH Student Blackboard. Survey responses are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 11. We hope you’ll use this opportunity to make your voice heard!  

******

¡ATENCIÓN!  ATTENTION EVERYONE!  It’s finally official!  EL CLUB ESPAÑOL (OR SPANISH CLUB) will have its first official meeting this Wednesday, November 2ND right after school at 2:20pm in SEÑOR DI BACCO’S ROOM – ROOM 210.  This is a very important meeting – so, all of you “ESTUDIANTES INTERESADOS” who signed up, please be sure to attend!  ¡NOS VEMOS PRONTO!  ¡VIVA EL ESPAÑOL!

******

ATTENZIONE!”  ATTENTION EVERYONE!  It’s finally official!  “IL CIRCOLO (<- pronounced: CHEER-CO-LO ) ITALIANO” (OR ITALIAN CLUB) will have its first official meeting this Thursday, November 3rd right after school at 2:20pm in SIGNOR DI BACCO’S ROOM – ROOM 210.  This is a very important meeting – so, all of you “STUDENTI INTERESSATI” please be sure to attend!  “CI VEDIAMO PRESTO! (<- pronounced: CHEE-VEY-DEE-AH-MO  PRESTO )   EVVIVA L’ITALIA!

******

Calling all history lovers! The North Allegheny History Bowl team is looking for new members for the 2022-23 season. Whether you’re fascinated by the Emu War, the Mona Lisa’s many thefts, Handel’s Water Music on the River Thames, or any other interesting aspect of history, History Bowl has a place for you. We will be having our next meeting TODAY after school in the NASH Library. Please contact [email protected] or Mrs. Ruffolo in the NASH GOAL Office for more information.

******

Unified Bocce is now a Winter Sport at NA! Unified Bocce is dedicated to promoting social inclusion through shared sports training and competition experiences. Unified Sports joins people with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team. If you would like more information on this amazing opportunity, please see Dr. Dirda’s Email Blast that was sent out to all students on October 26th to complete the form.  Tryouts start November 21st! A Physical Form and Family ID Account will be needed prior to November 21st.

******

Hey NASH, are you interested in anything and everything Architecture? 

Do you want to learn how to create 3D designs involving Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Interior Design, or Landscape Design? 

Maybe you want to design your dream house and walk through it using Virtual Reality? If so, come check out the newly formed NASH Architecture Club. You’ll see our posters all over the school. Sign up for more information about this amazing opportunity and our first workshop.  If you cannot attend but are interested, please see Mr. Banks, Katie Herald or Ava Bucci.

******

Attention Students interested in taking AP Exams.  Early bird registration will run through November 10th.  Late registration will follow but with monetary penalties. The registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!