November 15, 2022

Attention students who are 16 and older: Looking for an excellent part-time job? Do you know that you are eligible to officiate PIAA sports? If you are interested, please stop in the Athletic Office for further details.

******

The NASH Student Council Canned Food Drive is underway until November 18th. Please help by bringing in money and canned foods to your homeroom. The winning homeroom will receive a breakfast! Please take this opportunity to help us give back to our community.

******

Student Council will be selling raffle tickets for the chance to pie a teacher in the face! If you would like to enter, you can buy tickets for $1 during all lunch periods. Buy your tickets before the pieing tomorrow. All proceeds from the ticket sales will benefit the Food Drive.

******

The NHS Blood Drive is taking place Tuesday, November 22nd from 7am – 12pm in the Gym. All students are eligible to donate. Signups for the Blood Drive are happening during all lunches from now until Tuesday November 15. All forms will need to be signed by yourself and your parents in order to donate. Also, students that wish to donate will need to eat a full breakfast before they donate. 

******

Attention Seniors:  This is a reminder that orders and payments for your senior t-shirts are due by November 21st by the end of the school day.  Please see Dr. Dirda’s email from October 19th for all of the information to make your purchase.  You can also follow the NASH Senior Class on Instagram and Twitter at nashseniorclass, all one word and lower case, to keep up with all the important senior class info during the school year.  The order form for the t-shirt is linked in the Bio on Instagram.  You must be logged into your NA Google Account to complete the order form.

******

Are you interested in your own well-being and want to develop a skillset to proactively battle life with? Then join us for our first Health and Wellness club meeting during homeroom TOMORROW in room 198.   If you have any questions about this club, please see Mrs. LaSitis or Mrs. Loeffert.

******

Attention girls: Signups for Powderpuff are now open.  The game is November 29th with practices in between. Will it be the junior girls or the senior girls this year? Sign up on the NA TigerThon Instagram bio.

******

The Anatomy Club is here once again! This club is all about delving deeper into the human body and its functions. There’s so much in store for all of you, from exciting competitions to guest speakers, informative presentations, and more! Come to the informational meeting in room 252 on November 17th to learn more.  Please contact Noor Ahmed or Naiya Patel if you have any questions.

******

Unified Bocce is now a Winter Sport at NA! Unified Sports joins people with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team. If you would like more information on this amazing opportunity, please see Dr. Dirda’s Email Blast that was sent out to all students on October 26th to complete the form.  Tryouts start November 21st! There will be a Bocce Informational night for both students and parents TOMORROW from 5pm-6pm in the NASH Library. Eric Jankowski, the Allegheny County Unified Champion School Coordinator, will be there to discuss everything Bocce!  We hope to see you there!

******

Students are encouraged to sign up to take the ASVAB Test, which will be offered at NASH on November 17, at 7:30 a.m. in The Place.  The ASVAB exam is an aptitude test designed to help young people align their strengths and interests with a post-secondary plan that works to their advantage. The ASVAB allows students to explore a full spectrum of occupations in line with their interests and skills whether they are college, trade school, military, or work force bound. The ASVAB will give students the best direction possible when planning what they would like to do after high school. Test scores will not be released to the military unless students or families grant permission to do so and the test is free of charge. If you are interested in taking the ASVAB, please stop by the NASH Main Office to register for the test before the end of the day TODAY. 

******

Attention all NASH writers and artists: What do Andy Warhol, Sylvia Plath, and Stephen King have in common?  They were winners of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards! This contest has an impressive legacy dating back to 1923; it has grown to become the longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for creative artists and writers in the U.S. The deadlines for submitting to the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards are coming up soon. The deadline to submit writing is December 16th.  Artwork is due by January 6th. There are 28 categories of art and writing to explore. This contest does include a submission fee: $10 for each entry. Seniors may submit a portfolio for a $30 fee. Stop by the NASH GOAL Office, room 249A, for more information about Scholastic.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!