Holiday Gift Guide

Though holiday gift-giving can be an overwhelming task, some gifts are sure to please everyone in the family.

McKenna Flannagan, Staff Writer

The holiday season is approaching, and the stress of gift giving is here with it. Here is a gift guide broken down into sections to meet all parts of the family and friend’s gift needs. 

Fashion – the minimalist look 

Beige is now back in style. The soft lines and neutral colors have a clean appearance and seem to gain popularity more and more every day. Some popular brands have picked up on the re-emergent trend and come out with some exceptional interpretations of the new fads. 

The Essentials brand provides comfy sweats that encompass the minimalistic unisex style of today. It is a subsidiary brand of the Fear of God brand. It was launched in 2018 but is now gaining much popularity among high-school and college students.

Whether it be a gift for grandparents or gifts for grandchildren, UGG shoes have been staple holiday presents throughout the years. While it used to be the high boots that were in style, the current styles are the Chasman slippers in color chestnut and the classic ultra mini boot in chestnut. 

Another modish piece of footwear are the cloud slides, otherwise known as pillow slides. These are sold in a multitude of brands with no primary label. When in doubt, going with a neutral clothing item is always the right choice for the millennials of today.

Kitchen

Whether for work or school lunches, Hydro Flask vacuum insulated food jars are perfect for keeping hot food hot during the winter months. Or if an adventure seeker needs a gift, this is perfect for camping and backpacking.

The Ninja personal cup blender may be able to keep the family on the diet this New Year. After the gym, it is very tiring to make a healthy snack, but the Ninja personal cup blender makes it easier. The blender is also a cup so there is less cleanup and less mess, making it perfect for athletic friends and family. 

Rubbermaid food storage containers are a favorite for an organized person. With durable plastic and snap lids, they surpass any other type of storage. They will keep those leftovers fresh this holiday season. 

Beauty 

Everyone has that one cousin who you have to buy a gift for, but you do not know much about them, Sephora favorites beauty advent calendars may be the perfect gift for them. It provides a small Sephora item for the 25 days counting down to Christmas. The items are a wide array of beauty products. 

What about that relative that needs a light push toward the shower? LUSH christmas boxes have that covered. Themed specifically for the holiday season, LUSH has boxes with amazing-smelling bath bombs, soaps, shower jellies, and scented lotions. All their products are 100% vegetarian, and they believe in fighting animal testing in cosmetics. 

The Glossier Dewy Look set has sassy teenager written all over it. Glossier is a brand that is known for their sleek and rich looking products. Any glossier product has the capability to sharpen any makeup look and make for a perfect gift. 

Sustainable

Everyone loves to travel, but stop organizing expensive clothing in Ziploc gallon bags and instead use packing cubes for traveling. This is a must-have for any traveler and is an amazing, environmentally friendly alternative to Ziploc or grocery bags, keeping any suitcase orderly. They also can be taken out and put in drawers to avoid having clothes collect dust. 

So much money is spent on sandwich bags for packing lunches or storing food, but that can be put to a halt with sustainable silicone produce baggies. These are washable and reusable silicone bags that keep food fresh and contained. Some are even dishwasher-safe and come in multiple sizes. 

Metal straws and cleaners can be found on Amazon for low prices. Better for the environment and more sturdy when drinking, there is not much more to ask for. 

Tech

Whether you would like to keep track of a loved one or merely a set of keys, an Apple Air Tag is a tremendous gift. Apple does not always offer good price points, but they stole the show with this product. The Apple Air Tag can simply attach to a keychain and be tracked via an app on the phone. 

That Uncle that always loses his wallet, this is for him. The Thin Bluetooth tracker tile wallet fits directly into a wallet like a credit card. It is the same thickness and is easily concealed. By downloading an app on the phone, it is easy to connect and find the Bluetooth wallet tracker. 

Now, hopefully the stress of finding the perfect holiday gifts has been lifted. Time to get wrapping.