January 20, 2023

Attention Seniors:  On January 5, Dr. Dirda sent out an email to all seniors and families regarding the confirmation of names for diplomas and for commencement ceremony student recognition.  All students/families must submit their information via the form link in the email by TODAY.  Please stop down to the main office with any questions or concerns.

******

New scholarship opportunities have been posted in your Naviance account.  They can be accessed by selecting Colleges / Scholarship Search on the Home page.  New job opportunities have been posted on the job board in the cafeteria.

******

Save the date for this year’s MORP dance “Saturday Night Fever”. The dance will be held on February 4th at NASH. This is a change in date. Tickets will be on sale for $20 per person during lunch periods TODAY. Tickets will be on sale for $25 during lunch periods next Wednesday through Friday. To purchase a ticket, you must complete the Google form available in the Newsflash and on Blackboard 24 hours prior to purchase. This includes the signed dance agreement for all NASD students and the guest form for all out-of-district guests. Please see Mr. Karolski with any questions.

******

From January 23rd to January 27th, all NASH students are invited to participate in the FIVE InterActs of Kindness Week, sponsored by NA Interact.  Day 1 – Bring your refillable water bottle to school and read the signs near the fountains to learn what you can do to protect our environment and water supply.  Day 2 – Become a peacemaker in your world by writing a welcoming postcard to a refugee.  These will be shared with newcomers in the Pittsburgh area. Day 3 – Send a text message to a caregiver to show your appreciation. Day 4 – Thank a teacher and make an extra effort in your classes to promote education. Day 5 – Donate dollars during homeroom throughout the week to support our Build-a-Chair fundraiser.  This fundraiser will help disabled individuals in Tanzania by providing them freedom through mobility. Stop by GOAL if you have any questions about how YOU can get involved! 

******

Students are encouraged to sign up to take the ASVAB Test which will be offered at NASH on January 26 at 11:00 a.m. in The Place.  Please stop by the NASH Main Office to register for the test before the end of the day Tuesday, January 24.  The ASVAB exam measures a student’s developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success.  With our ever-changing workforce, the team here at NASH feels the ASVAB will give students the best direction possible when planning what they would like to do after high school. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a fabulous and fly Friday feature!