Lea Hendricks

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor

Lea Hendricks is a North Allegheny senior who has attended NA since Kindgergarten. This is her first year on Newspaper and as a proud Tiger she enjoys attending various sports events and supporting her fellow students. She plans on pursuing a Business degree in college.

All content by Lea Hendricks
Photo by Lea Hendricks

Summer Day Trips

Lea Hendricks, Advice Writer June 7, 2018

At last, it is almost summer. In a couple of days, all will be calm and right with the world. No more early mornings and late nights studying, finally we can just kick back and relax. But once those relaxing...

Summer Cash

Summer Cash

Lea Hendricks, Advice Writer May 14, 2018

In need of a summer job? Here are some options for those of you who want some extra cash and something to do with your three months off. Summer can be a tricky time to get a job because of vacations...

Auto Focused

Auto Focused

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor April 6, 2018

What comes to mind when you think of a Fiat? I imagine little Italian cars with comparatively little American price tags. I may be wrong, but I doubt that the words luxury and wealth come to mind. But...

Turner White ~ I then got a cross on the front and later decided to get a half-sleeve covering my shoulder and ending near my elbow. I think a lot of people have the misconception that it is bad to have tattoos or that it looks trashy, but I aim to be different from that stereotype. People always ask me about my tattoos and what the verse is on the cross and I get to tell them and show who I am in the process and what I believe in.

NASH Ink

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor March 25, 2018

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

Advice is Right 7th Edition

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow February 27, 2018

I am nervous to leave all of my friends for college. I know it is a long time away, but I am already sad thinking about it. What should I do? -Dazed&Confu$ed Josie:  Try not to dwell on what is...

Becky Brown works with oil crayons in AP Studio Art.

Look at This

Lea Hendricks February 7, 2018

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

Advice Is Right, Morp Edition

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow January 28, 2018

I'm having trouble figuring out what I want to major in or get a job in. What should I do to figure it out? -CollegeClueless Josie: Time will tell, so wait it out! I would start by ruling out which...

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

The Advice is Right: Holiday Edition

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow December 18, 2017

Do you think it's fair that some teachers give tests or important assignments on the day before the holiday break? -GiveMeABreak Josie: I think it is beyond ridiculous to ask students to test on the...

Northbound Mail

Northbound Mail

Josie Wadlow and Lea Hendricks December 8, 2017

In 2003 Macy's began sponsoring the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Over ten years later,  junior Emmanuelle Satcho drew inspiration from a trip to Macy’s where she saw the signature shiny, red mailbox and...

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

The Advice is Right, 4th Edition

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow November 28, 2017

My friends want me to go out with them on Thanksgiving night for Black Friday, but my mom wants me to stay home. What should I do? - Indie Cisive Josie: Stay home for sure. While Black Friday offers...

Teacher Trivia Ed. 2

Teacher Trivia Ed. 2

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor November 28, 2017

[quiz-cat id="4678"]

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

The Advice is Right, 3rd Ed.

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow November 2, 2017

Is it smart to go to college on the West or East coast? ~Indecisive Josie: Don't focus on what coast. Instead, focus more on what the school has to offer and the education you can receive.   Lea:...

Teacher Trivia

Teacher Trivia

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor October 25, 2017

[quiz-cat id="3623"]

An Axe to Grind

An Axe to Grind

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor October 11, 2017

Homecoming. A seasonal tribute to grinding circles and glaring spectators. The circle seems to persist year after year, and if you look closely enough and squint your eyes really hard, you may...

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

The Advice is Right, 2nd Ed.

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow September 29, 2017

I am afraid my friend is falling in with the wrong crowd. How can I have a discussion with her about it without hurting her feelings? -Friendless Josie: Approach her with honesty. Tell her...

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

RANTS & RAVES

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor September 27, 2017

RANTS Although I too enjoy a ride around in Mercedes and Range Rovers every once in a while, is it really necessary for 17 year olds who barely know the rules of the road to be driving them...

Photo by Kaycee Orwig

The Advice is Right

Lea Hendricks and Josie Wadlow September 19, 2017

One of the classes I am taking is too hard and I want to drop it, but I don’t want my teacher to hate me. What should I do? ~Overwhelmed Josie: Don’t be a baby. Stay in the class. It's...

Good Talk: Mr. K

Good Talk: Mr. K

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor September 14, 2017

How many countries have you been to? 24   Where was the last place you traveled to? Japan and Rwanda   Where is the next place you plan on traveling to? The Devil's...

College Application Checklist

College Application Checklist

Lea Hendricks, Advice Editor September 9, 2017

As the senior year begins, college application deadlines are fast approaching. To aid in the process, here are a few recommendations to make your time applying to college as easy as possible.   THE...

Load More Stories