The Big Break

With nine days off for Spring Break, NASH students are traveling near and far.

The+gorgeous+and+clear+Hawaii+ocean+water+that+defines+paradise.+

Camryn Gray

The gorgeous and clear Hawaii ocean water that defines paradise.

Camryn Gray, Arts and Entertainment Editor

The nine-day Spring Break has become a new tradition the past few years at North Allegheny, which leaves the opportunity for many NASH students to embark upon exciting adventures. Students travel across the country, around the world, try new things, and try to make the best of memories during their time off.

“I’m going to Florida over Spring Break, I get to celebrate my birthday down there, too. I’m so excited for nine days off,” said junior Zack Gardner. 

The time off is even giving some NASH students and teachers the opportunity to travel together for an educational trip to Belize. Social Studies teacher Mr. Pirring organized this trip, and many students are excitedly awaiting the Sunday departure. Students will be able to explore the country, taste new foods, and try new activities in the Central American tropics. 38 students will travel to Belize, along with six adult chaperones.

“I’m excited to experience an entirely different climate from what I am used to and see the sights of a beautiful and diverse nation,” said senior Jackson Pross. 

NASH senior Niyati Cannanbilla is heading to Hawaii for her Spring Break.

“I am so excited to eat acai bowls, swim in the ocean, and go to the beach every day,” said Cannanbilla. 

NASH senior Neha Rajesh is also traveling to a unique location over Spring Break. Rajesh’s family is flying to Eurpoe to explore Italy during her nine days off.

“We’ll be in Florence, Venice, and Rome,” Rajesh said. “I’m most excited about the food we’ll eat.”

I am so excited to eat acai bowls, swim in the ocean, and go to the beach every day.

— Niyati Cannanbilla, NASH senior

Other NASH students are staying local next week, trying new restaurants, taking a quick trip downtown, exploring new attractions in Pittsburgh, or simply relaxing at home. 

“I’m staying home and spending time with my sisters and dog, and I’m looking forward to to having nowhere to be,” said senior Gabby Schlichtkrull. 

Some students are taking the opportunity to try something that they would not normally do in a typical weekend.

“My friends and I are driving six hours to a cafe, but it’s so worth it. I mean, where else are we gonna get Harry Styles themed coffee?” exclaimed senior Zoe Hockinson. 

While seniors may be in the process of finalizing their plans for next year, juniors are still in the process of deciding what they want to do after high school. And Spring Break is a perfect time for juniors to get a jump on the college search in order to ease the stress of choosing schools next year.

“My family is driving down to North Carolina over Spring Break, and we are touring five colleges in six days,” said junior Larkin Brown. 

Seniors may also be taking the opportunity to enjoy a senior trip with friends over break. NASH senior, Emily Wachowiak is heading to Deep Creek, Maryland to enjoy the final parts of her senior year with friends. 

“I’m excited to spend time with my friends and spend time on the lake,” said Wachowiak.

Regardless of students’  Spring Break plans, the time off will be appreciated by all. And when school resumes on April 10th, memories will be cemented as students set their sights on the end of the year.