February 9, 2018

Attention GOAL students:  Your monthly meeting will take place today, February 9, during homeroom.

Please report to the auditorium at this time.

****

Did you know that an average of 28% of high school and college students are assaulted by someone they are or were dating.? All week, bracelets will be sold for $1 during lunch periods to raise money for 3ENow, a Dating Violence Awareness organization, and a local women’s shelter. Please support these organizations and show your school spirit by buying the bracelets and wearing Black and Gold.

****

There have been several new scholarship opportunities posted on Naviance! Most of these scholarships are for NA seniors ONLY! Please check your Naviance accounts for these LOCAL scholarships!

****

Come join the fun under the sea and be a part of the behind the scenes action of this year’s musical. Help is needed backstage to move set pieces on and off the stage and assist with other behind the scenes tasks that are an integral part of the production. See Mr. Zebley in Room 193 or Mr. Tozier to sign up.

****

Kent State University is offering 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students the opportunity to explore careers through a special program on campus on Tuesday, February 20.  The bus will leave NAI at 7:30am and will return at approximately 4:45pm.  We currently have slots open for students who are serious about pursuing a career in Fashion or Nursing. If you wish to attend, please see your NA email for permission packet.  Packets should be printed, completed, and returned to room 253 by February 12.  This is a first come, first served opportunity.  If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Oliver at [email protected]

****

If you are exploring possible careers, then Law Day is for you!! On Friday February 16 here at NASH , six lawyers have graciously agreed to talk about their career paths and what they do every day as a lawyer.   The event runs from 9- 11:30 am.  Get your pass in room 249A or see Mrs Will or your social studies teacher for more information.

****

Morp tickets are on sale NOW during all lunches. Don’t miss out, buy you dance ticket today. Let’s GO…. Let’s GLOW at MORP on February 10th.

****

Join us on Thursday, February 22nd for Engineer the Future at the Carnegie Science Center from 8:10 – 2:00. This event will allow you to explore a career in engineering.The cost is $8. Money and permission forms are due by Feb. 9th.

****

Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Bowling Team who ended regular season play last night with a definitive win over the previously undefeated Butler Golden Tornadoes.

All three games came down to the 10th frame, and the steel nerves of seniors Griffin McVay and TJ Robinson.  Robinson rolled a 634 series by throwing a 211, 209, and 214.  Adding to the Tigers pinfall, McVay finished game 1 with a 217.  Not far behind, junior Alex Cook added a 202, 207, and 203.

54 teams started the season in November.  The Tigers are 1 of 18 teams to move on to the WPIBL Team Championships that take place next week.

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for some FETCH Friday films!