Sofia Ackerman

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor

Sofia Ackerman is a senior at North Allegheny. Born in Germantown, Maryland, Sofia moved to Wexford last summer. This is her second year as an NA Tiger, and she is loving every moment of it. She is passionate about music, having learned to competently play the piano, violin, viola, upright and electric bass, and ukulele. She also enjoys creating ridiculously complicated stories and worlds in her free time. Sofia is slowly working on learning both sign language and Japanese and should really focus on learning one at a time. She's more likely to be found editing a new article than working on one of her own... oops.

All content by Sofia Ackerman
On a High Note

On a High Note

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor May 15, 2018

North Allegheny's music program has won the Best Communities for Music Education award for the twelfth consecutive year in a row, and needless to say, the teachers involved feel like their work has paid...

RANTS & RAVES

RANTS & RAVES

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor March 20, 2018

RANTS Ah yes, the greatest technological advancement that has ever graced NASH's windowless classrooms -- the student laptops. Barring the very real truth that the laptops add weight to the student's...

SCREEN SHOTS: Oscar Nominated Soundtracks

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor March 2, 2018

With the 90th Academy Awards to air this evening, we thought we'd take a look at some of the nominees... the nominees for Best Original Score, that is, from film score composers Carter Burwell, Alexandre...

No.

“No.”

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor February 20, 2018

It’s not surprising to hear of the increasing number of sexual assaults and rapes that have been reported in the past few years. As the public becomes more aware and more angry about these instances,...

Alumni to be honored at inaugural gala

Alumni to be honored at inaugural gala

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor January 16, 2018

We are all aware of North Allegheny's prestigious nature, but this tradition of excellence is not confined to the past few years.  In fact, NA's influence stretches far beyond the district itself.  That's...

News Brief: Spirit Week

News Brief: Spirit Week

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor December 12, 2017

We caught StuCo President Jose Key in the hallway and got the scoop on next week's Spirit Week: Monday: Waking up on Christmas morning (pajamas/robe/sleepwear) Tuesday: Mocs, Crocs, stocks and Christmas...

SCREEN SHOTS: THANKSGIVING EDITION

SCREEN SHOTS: THANKSGIVING EDITION

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor November 22, 2017

E.T. This classic is very simply a must-watch this Thanksgiving season. It boasts a powerful story about a boy and an extraterrestrial, affectionately named “E.T.”, and shows us that blood...

Good Talk: Mr. Maddix

Good Talk: Mr. Maddix

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor September 19, 2017

What was your dream career going into college? I don’t remember having a specific career goal going into college. I actually switched majors a few times. I started as a Chemistry major,...

My Way / Sofia Ackerman

My Way / Sofia Ackerman

Sofia Ackerman, Copy Editor September 5, 2017

Last year I moved from Germantown, Maryland. I never thought I’d get to write those words, but goodness gracious am I glad that I can. Our family is originally from the Pittsburgh area, and most...

Load More Stories