Cassidy Kufner
I appreciate that I can say I’ve had the privilege of taking classes I could always find at least some degree of genuine enjoyment in. I know that I will enjoy college way more, but honestly, high school wasn’t so bad. I would say to try and make the best of everything, and don’t be afraid to take opportunities because for us, there are so many. Treat yourself senior year and take a fun class because you deserve it. Most importantly, senior year has taught me not to sweat the small things because in the end, they don’t matter!

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter

Cassidy is a senior at NASH and hopes to study chemical engineering in college. She serves as a Spanish Club officer, and a member of student council. Some of her favorite things to enjoy are spending time with friends, writing, and taking her two beautiful dogs to the park.

All content by Cassidy Kufner
NASH artist Connor OHalloran creates works of pottery.

Look at This!

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter May 31, 2019

On Bored

On Bored

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter May 22, 2019

A child’s favorite two words to say are “I’m bored,” and I wish that when I said it I knew how much I was missing. There is so much overlooked potential in boredom, and after four exhausting years...

Put to the Test

Put to the Test

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter May 7, 2019

AP Exams have arrived, and stressed juniors and care-free seniors have varying takes on the matter. For some, the tests are an essential part of their imminent future, with practice exams having taken...

Lend Them Your Ears

Lend Them Your Ears

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter March 16, 2019

The Debate Team did it once again, with over twenty qualified students pushing off from NASH last Thursday to compete in the Pennsylvania High School Speech League State Competition at Bloomsburg University....

With the ever-increasing cost of college, its unreasonable to expect that everyone will receive abundant financial aid.

FAFSA Envy

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter March 8, 2019

Amid the intense stress of college, most notable is the largely unavoidable debt a majority of us will fall into. The FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, was created to help ease this...

Buy or Bye: Dollar Tree Valentines Day

Buy or Bye: Dollar Tree Valentine’s Day

Cassidy Kufner and Madi Robertson February 14, 2019

Looking for a last-minute Valentine's Day steal without wanting to make your wallet cry? The local Dollar Tree offers some great finds. Be careful, though, for there are often some one dollar busts that...

Good Talk: Señor DiBacco

Good Talk: Señor DiBacco

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter February 14, 2019

Where all have you traveled abroad or lived? I have traveled and lived in Belmonte Calabro, Italy -- that’s my home away from home. Bologna, Italy, is where I studied and lived when I attended the...

Early to Rise

Early to Rise

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter January 18, 2019

Buy or Bye: Dollar Tree Stocking Stuffers

Cassidy Kufner and Madi Robertson December 19, 2018

With Christmas just around the corner, there are bound to be many last minute shoppers desperately searching for something to quick and simple to buy. The allure of a bargain is real at the local Dollar...

The Thing About Things

The Thing About “Things”

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter December 12, 2018

The feeling is all too familiar. After talking to someone for a while now, you have no doubt developed some form of attachment. You’ve been out on dates, and you know you genuinely care. Everything is...

Good Talk: Mr. Smith

Good Talk: Mr. Smith

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter November 13, 2018

Has working at North Allegheny differed from other school districts? Last year, I was at a very small private high school.  The year before that I was at Mt. Lebanon High School, which is a bit more...

The Truth About Trafficking

The Truth About Trafficking

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter October 16, 2018

Your worst nightmare: the thought of being held against your will, forced to engage in the unthinkable, held for years, and often with no consideration of health. According to the Program on Human Trafficking...

Culture Cluster

Culture Cluster

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter September 26, 2018

With over 70 extra-curricular organizations here at NASH, it can be difficult to decide which ones are worth cramming into an already tightly packed schedule.  But for students looking to expand their...

Good Talk: Officer Ray

Good Talk: Officer Ray

Cassidy Kufner, Reporter September 4, 2018

How long have you served on the police force? I’ve been a patrolman with the town of McCandless for twenty years. Is there anything in particular that drew you in to working with North Allegheny? Working...

Load More Stories