Mr. Eastly

June 1, 2020

How long have you worked at NA?

18 years at NA.

What was your role in the district?

For the first three years I worked at the bus garage then I moved over to be a Special Needs Assistant. I have worked with the physically disabled and also with mentally challenged throughout the years.

What will you miss most about NASH?

I miss working with my fellow assistants and mostly seeing all the students that I assisted over the years. I always wanted to make the students smile and laugh whenever possible.

What will you miss least about NASH?

I will not miss the fire drills, Keystone testing prep, and in-service days (BORING!!!).

What has changed the most since you started your career in education?

The most significant change has been the implementation of technology in the classroom and the district itself. Students should not take this for granted. NA has been very proactive in seeking out and doing what’s best for all of our students to get ahead in the world.

What is your proudest accomplishment at NA?

My biggest accomplishment at NA has been to connect, trust and know that any student that I came in contact with could rely on me, and for me most important is to make them laugh and smile at whatever the situation that they were facing that day can be worked through and accomplished no matter what.

How are you planning to spend your retirement?

Lately, my retirement has consisted of a lot of interior painting, I’m ready to start painting the roof shingles! I’ve been staying home of course and when permitted I’m going to do a lot of fishing and golfing!

If you could offer parting words to the students and staff at NASH, what would you say?

To the students: trust and reach out to any and all adults. If you are having any type of trouble or problems that you are experiencing, everyone here is here to help you. Always try to be the best person you can be to yourself and to others. To the staff: keep up the great work that you are doing. Remember to keep being a positive influence in working with our children, and with each other. Count your blessings, be proud to be working for one of the best school districts in Pennsylvania — that pride will reflect in our students and to society in the present and future.