Ms. Posteraro

June 1, 2020

How long have you worked at NA?
16 years

What was your role in the district?

I began my career as a job coach, taking the special needs children out to worksites in the community. Recently, I have been working with special needs children in the classrooms helping them with work assignments and their daily work.

What will you miss most about NASH?

I will miss the NASH staff (office personnel in Main Office, Guidance Office, and Athletics Office), my fellow paraprofessionals, teachers, and the student body. All of them helped me to be successful in doing my job.

What will you miss least about NASH?

Getting up at 5:30 A.M.

What has changed the most since you started your career in education?

The learning of technology. It has forced me to adapt, which is difficult for my generation. Everyone at NASH that I reached out to helped me tremendously. I am learning. We never stop learning.

What is your proudest accomplishment at NA?

Working with my special needs children, and experiencing the growth of my students within the classroom and workplace. Many of my students are gainfully employed and they have demonstrated their values with the companies they work for. I was inspired by their kindness and achievements.

How are you planning to spend your retirement?

I am going to enjoy my family and friends. Hopefully, I want to travel. I also want to volunteer in some capacity where needed.

If you could offer parting words to the students and staff at NASH, what would you say?

Thank you for a memorable career. Wishing all of you a healthy, successful future!