October 23, 2017

THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES WILL BE VISITING NASH TODAY:

Dartmouth College at 8:00 AM

Boston University at 10:41 AM (in the auditorium)

University of California, Berkeley at 11:26 AM (in the auditorium)

Rice University at 12:11 PM (in the auditorium)

University of South Carolina at 12:11 PM

Sign up to visit with a representative in your Naviance account. Each meeting will take place in the college visit reception area located next to the auditorium foyer unless otherwise noted.

****

Attention students: Madia Photography will be at NASH on Wednesday, October 25, from 7:30 – 9:00 for picture retakes for Juniors and faculty, and any Senior who has not had their picture taken for the yearbook.

****

Attention all students attending the Young Playwrights Festival this Wednesday, Oct. 25th to see Riley Smith’s play:

Please depart from your 2nd period class at 8:50.  Meet in the NASH cafeteria lobby. We’ll be stopping for lunch after the play, so please bring some money for lunch. Please dress appropriately for the theater.  See Mrs. Lombardi in the GOAL Office if you have any questions.

****

DECA members are reminded that forms and payment are due for the Sarris Fundraiser on Tuesday, October 24!

****

Hey NASH!  The NASH GSA invites you to Room 232 after school on Wednesday to enjoy some rainbow cookies, cake and other snacks! Come support the LGBTQ students at NASH and have a treat! Gay or straight, all are welcome!

****

There will be an Italian Club meeting Tuesday after school in room 198. We hope to see you there!

****

Come watch North Allegheny Hockey take the ice against Canon-McMillan tonight at 7pm at the Baierl Ice Complex in Warrendale.

****

The NASH Spanish Club will be holding its next meeting on Tuesday, October 24th. Come by and enjoy food and drinks while celebrating el Dia de los Muertos. The officers will also be discussing the successful Hurricane Maria Fundraiser. Don’t forget to bring your $20 dollar dues that will include meals for the entire year as well as a stylish t-shirt.

****

Hey NASH!  Key Club is doing a supply drive for those affected by Hurricane Harvey. The donation box will be in the auditorium foyer from today until Friday, October 27th! Some examples of products we will take include non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, new clothing, paper products, and gift cards. Be sure to check the slideshow on the cafeteria TV for a complete list.  Texas needs our help–all donations are appreciated!

****

Attention all NASH students: Please join us for Point Park University’s Fall Media Day on Friday, Nov. 3rd. This year’s theme is “Difficult Issues, Difficult Coverage.”  At Point Park, you can participate in a series of interactive workshops that explore various fields in communications including journalism, photography, media law, broadcasting, and multimedia/web.  There are also write-off, draw-off, and photography contests that might interest you.  Stop by GOAL, room 249A, for more information.  The cost of Media Day is $15;  that fee includes a light breakfast, lunch, and transportation.  Contest entries must pay an additional fee.  Payment and permission forms are due in GOAL by October 26th, so act now if interested.

****

If you have been thinking about joining DECA, it’s time to act!  The DECA membership drive will be ending on Thursday, October 26th.  Sign up today on Mrs. Sullivan’s Webpage on the NA Website!

****

The 2018 Safari Yearbook and Personal Ads are available for purchase.  To purchase your book, please go to www.yearbookforever.com.  Personal Ad forms are available on the NASH website under the Safari link.  Order your book and personal ad today!  

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at NASHUPROAR.ORG.  Thanks, and have a great day.