February 23, 2018

On Wednesday, March 7th the physical education department will be hosting its annual blood drive.  Sign ups are going on now!  Please find any PE teacher to sign up.  Slots fill up quickly and will close on Thursday, March 1st. SAVE A LIFE!  GIVE BLOOD!

****

The NASH GSA hopes to spread awareness to the school through their new LGBT FYI Poster series.  Up until March 2nd, take a quiz on the information provided using the accompanying QR codes near the poster or by clicking the link posted on the Uproar for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!

****

Attention, Bradford Woods Alumnae Seniors!!  Your former teachers from Bradford Woods invite you to come back to your old elementary school and read to our students for Read Across America Day. The date is Friday, March 2nd. You should have received a letter at home with all the details.

Just bring your favorite Dr. Seuss book, or we will supply one for you.  Please call Bradford Woods or email Mrs. Larry or Mrs. Flaherty.  We hope to see all of you on Friday, March 2nd!

****

A.W.Beattie will be hosting an OPEN HOUSE for interested students, THURSDAY, MARCH 1 from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm.

Consider attending and exploring the many options offered at Beattie Tech next year.

****

Attention NASH JUNIORS AND SENIORS who are Franklin Elementary School alumni!   Franklin is holding their Read Across America celebration on Friday, March 2, and you are invited to come and read to our students at the end of the day!  We’d love to have you read your favorite Dr. Seuss book to a classroom group.  Please go onto the Franklin website to register.  We can’t wait to see you there!

****

La Roche college is offering a COMMUNITY FINANCIAL AID NIGHT PRESENTATION on Tuesday, February 27 from 6 – 8 PM at the Zappala College Center. For more info contact the LaRoche College Office of Financial Aid.

****

Come be a part of the behind the scenes action of this year’s musical. Help is needed backstage to move set pieces on and off the stage and assist with other behind the scenes tasks. See Mr. Zebley or Mr. Tozier to sign up.

****

OK, everyone, it’s now time to play Who’s That Staff Member.  Correctly identify all five of the following teachers — based on their senior photos from high school — and Snap your answers to natvstudio to win a mystery prize!  Ready to go?  Roll the tape, boys…

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and stay tuned for a Throwback Thursday.