February 26, 2018

THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES WILL BE VISITING NASH, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27:

University of South Alabama at 10:41 am

Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania at 12:11 pm

Sign up to visit with a representative in your Naviance account.

Each meeting will take place in the college visit reception area located next to the auditorium foyer.

****

Clarion University will be visiting NASH, Wednesday, February 28th at 12:11 PM.

Sign up to meet with the representative on your Naviance account.

****

The North Allegheny Federation of Teachers is pleased to announce that they will offer up to two $2,500 scholarships to NA Seniors who plan to enter the elementary or secondary teaching profession.  If you would like to compete for this exciting scholarship opportunity, view and complete the application on Naviance. The application and recommendation deadline is 2:30PM Monday, March 5, 2018.

****

Attention future Hockey players: Tryouts for Varsity and JV teams will be in Early April this year.  Please watch your email for further information.

****

On Wednesday, March 7th the physical education department will be hosting its annual blood drive.  Sign ups are going on now!  Please find any PE teacher to sign up.  Slots fill up quickly and will close on Thursday, March 1st. SAVE A LIFE!  GIVE BLOOD!

****

Prom Fest is coming!! Prom Fest is your one-stop resource for everything you need for Prom! Check out the dresses, tuxes, flowers, and the party bus!! Tuesday, March 6th during all lunches! Prom Fest! Be there!

****

The NASH GSA is meeting this Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH. Please join us for conversation and snacks. The NASH GSA is a safe place for all NA students.

****

Attention, Bradford Woods Alumnae Seniors!!  Your former teachers from Bradford Woods invite you to come back to your old elementary school and read to our students for Read Across America Day. The date is Friday, March 2nd. You should have received a letter at home with all the details.

Just bring your favorite Dr. Seuss book, or we will supply one for you.  Please call Bradford Woods or email Mrs. Larry or Mrs. Flaherty.  We hope to see all of you on Friday, March 2nd!

****

A.W.Beattie will be hosting an OPEN HOUSE for interested students, THURSDAY, MARCH 1 from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm.

Consider attending and exploring the many options offered at Beattie Tech next year.

****

Attention NASH JUNIORS AND SENIORS who are Franklin Elementary School alumni!   Franklin is holding their Read Across America celebration on Friday, March 2, and you are invited to come and read to our students at the end of the day!  We’d love to have you read your favorite Dr. Seuss book to a classroom group.  Please go onto the Franklin website to register.  We can’t wait to see you there!

****

The stellar Astronomy Club will meet this Wednesday, February 28 from 2:30 to 3:30 PM at NASH in Room 330.  New members are always welcome!

****

La Roche college is offering a COMMUNITY FINANCIAL AID NIGHT PRESENTATION on Tuesday, February 27 from 6 – 8 PM at the Zappala College Center. For more info contact the LaRoche College Office of Financial Aid.

****

La Roche College is hosting a free workshop for “How to Complete the 2018-19 FAFSA?” Tuesday, March 6 form 5 – 7 PM and Saturday, March 10 from 10 am til noon.

For more information or to register for a workshop, contact LaRoche College office of financial aid at 412-536-1125

****

Looking for some extra cash? Submit at least two works to VARIATIONS and AUTOMATICALLY be entered in a raffle to win a $25.00 Amazon gift card! A total of four gift cards will be awarded. Submission must be sent by March 1st! Submit your work on Blackboard through the VARIATIONS tab under NASH Student Information.

****

The NASH Italian Club will be holding a meeting Tuesday, February 27th after school in room 198. Please remember to bring your $20 dollar membership fee which will cover food at each meeting and a t-shirt. We hope to see you there!

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day.