Ms. Kathryn Esposito

June 6, 2018

Years in Education

I have been at NASH since 1997. I spent a little bit of time at NAI as a permanent sub, and I actually started my career at North Allegheny at Bradford Woods Elementary School.

Subject(s) Taught

I have taught Composition, Writing 3, American Literature, Honors English, and Kindergarten as a special education aide. Honors English was my favorite.

Best memory at NASH

I don’t know if I have one best memory, but the best memories are when students would come in and say that they were inspired to read something on their own, or they spotted vocabulary words in something they were reading, or they talked about their novels at dinner, or when they would stay after class to write extra questions. Those kinds of things were the best. Also, my first publication of VARIATIONS with Ms. Lombardi. We have published from 2011-2018, and it has been very rewarding. The best memory with staff members at NASH is the laughter. Sharing funny stories on our most exasperating days and making each other laugh, especially Mr. Rhinehart next door and Mrs. Lombardi.

Plans after Retirement

I haven’t really made any yet. I would like to go back to Italy. I was there eight years ago, and I would enjoy going back.

What new activities do you plan to pick up after you retire?

I plan on reading for pleasure all the books that I have wanted to read but never had time for. And I am going to help my youngest daughter with child care three days a week. I love working in the yard, baking, and cooking. I am pretty much of a homebody like that, so I will be doing a lot of those activities.  

If you could make any last change to NASH what would it be?

[Laughing] A window in my room.

*Student Tribute*

“Mrs. Esposito always brought the words to life through fun activities. I loved starting my day with one of Esposito’s peppermints or the occasional cookie she baked for the class. I grew a greater appreciation for literature and shuffleboard.” ~Griffin McVay