My President

The Senior Class President has fashioned his life around service, humility, and making certain we have great music at Prom

Valerie Davis, Co-Editor-in-Chief

How long have you been involved with Class Council?

This will be my second year. I served as Junior Class President last year, and this will be a continuation of that. Previously at NAI, I was part of Student Council in 10th grade.

Have you always considered yourself a leader?

In the most humble way I can say this, yes. All my life I’ve always been a person who is outspoken, direct, and creative. I’m a person who places high value on other people, and that has helped me immensely when it comes to working with others. I still maintain the belief that I haven’t “arrived” yet as a leader, so I’m always looking for ways to improve my leadership skills.

Who is your biggest role model?

My biggest role model is a man named Bruce Edwards. He was a pastor at my church who passed away years ago. He had a profound impact on my life because he mentored me and invested in me as a person while he was living. When he died, there were so many people that came forward saying how he was such a faithful friend and confidant, how he loved with his whole heart even when people weren’t deserving, and how he lived an exemplary life. It inspired me that one person could affect that many people in a lifetime like he did.

What other clubs or activities are you involved in?

In school, I am part of the NA Varsity Boys’ Soccer Team, an extra musician on call for many of our music performances (cabarets, concerts, musicals), and a member of National Honor Society. Outside of school, I am student leader in my youth group, a multi-disciplined musician, a community volunteer, and much more! My goal for this year is to find new things both inside and outside of school to get behind and be part of, because this is my last year to make an impact as a high school student before I’m off to college.

If you had one idea off the top of your head idea to set into place for Senior Prom, what would it be?

If possible, I would love to have fireworks under the stars at NASH’s after prom. Seniors would have time to change into comfortable clothes, and then everyone would be able to go sit on the turf field in the stadium to watch a fireworks display, complete with music.

What kind of music do you want to be played at Prom?

I want the music to be student-contributed, as always. I’ll make sure the final Prom playlist includes classics, fresh and current songs, and nice slow dance songs. It’s important to me that the music isn’t all just one type but a mix of everything so that the night can be well rounded.

Were you expecting to win the election for President?

To be honest, I was really unsure of my chances leading up to the election. There was no predictable outcome. Erika Mrazik and Kristen Chomos were both amazing people who were very qualified to lead our senior class. I can’t wait to hear about all the great things they’ll accomplish this year because they both have crazy potential. At the end of the day, I had to campaign with my best effort no matter what. I had to resolve to being okay with whatever came of the election results. I’m still so grateful that I was chosen, and I take the job very seriously.

How do you want to be remembered at NASH?

I love that question. I want to be remembered as someone who genuinely loved others. One of the things I’m most passionate about is reaching out to the one person who feels isolated, unnoticed, or rejected. I believe that God gave me a heart for loving people, and the most rewarding thing to me would be knowing that I made someone feel valued and that I gave them hope in believing that someone cares about them. I would love for someone to look back at their four years of high school and be able to say, “He made an impact on my life.”

Who do you aspire to be when you grow up?

I want to be a business professional when I grow up. My goal is to work for a major company at some kind of management/leadership capacity.