Halloween Playlist 2018

Having a little trouble picking out your own spooky Spotify playlist? No worries, we made one for you!

Halloween Playlist 2018

graphic my Madi Robertson

graphic my Madi Robertson

graphic my Madi Robertson

Madi Robertson, Reporter

This Season’s Halloween Playlist:

Note: Spotify is blocked on student accounts.  You will be able to access the playlist below from a home computer or from your phone.

Here is a little rundown of the fifteen spooktacular tunes…

1. “Thriller” by Michael Jackson – A classic Halloween tune. With the mixture of Michael Jackson’s stellar vocals and groovy beat, there is no doubt it is the go-to Halloween song.

2. “Somebody’s Watching Me” by Rockwell – This song depicts exactly how students feel about the College Board and Securly. Remember, FAFSA saw you buy that $5 Starbucks drink.

3. “Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers – A song that people of all ages can dance to and that has surpassed the test of time.

4. “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult – Another classic song. Not exactly the best to dance to, but this hit captures a chill Halloween mood.

5. “The Twilight Zone” by The Ventures – Ever wonder where the famous Twilight Zone show got its theme from?

6. “I Want Candy” by Bow Wow Wow – No matter how old, this song still resonates with many. This always seems to be the go-to song for any movie that has to do with kids going trick-or-treating.

7. “Spooky, Scary Skeletons” by Andrew Gold – A classic-turned-meme. The remix is much more popular than the slowed-down original, but Andrew Gold deserves the credit for introducing us to such a unique tune.

8. “Disturbia” by Rihanna – I bet you weren’t expecting to see Rihanna on this list. Whether it be a music career or makeup line, Rihanna always delivers. This song is no exception.

9. “The Purple People Eater” by Sheb Wooley – There was a time in elementary school where I could scream every word of this song without a moments hesitation. I’m positive I’m not alone on this.

10. “This is Halloween” by The Citizens of Halloween – This song is from the classic The Nightmare Before Christmas. Even if this song is from a children’s movie, it’s probably the creepiest one on the list. That is, if you listen to Marilyn Manson’s rendition of it.

11. “Midnight City” by M83 – At first glance, this song doesn’t seem like much of a spooky tune. However, the mysterious tune provides great background music to any Halloween get-together.

12. “Heads Will Roll” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Probably the most catchy song about rolling heads. This song is definitely the anthem of the Queen of Hearts.

13. “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker, Jr. – You didn’t think I’d forget this classic, did you? You better know every word to this one.

14. “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder – A groovy Halloween tune sung by one of the all-time greats.

15. “Dracula” by Gorillaz – The most chill song on the playlist. Gorillaz is known for their laid-back, deep vibe, and “Dracula” is no exception.

Madi Robertson, Reporter

Madi Robertson is a senior at NASH. She enjoys chorus, science fiction, and cuddling with her dogs.