November 8, 2018

Attentions students: If you have lost a Samsung phone, please check with the counseling office.

******

The Jewish Cultural Club will be selling blue bracelets this week that say Stronger Than Hate for $2 a piece. The proceeds will go to the Tree of Life synagogue as money for the families and for the facilities. There will also be cards set up for students to write letters to the families of the victims. Bracelet sales and letter writing will be set up during all lunch periods this week. Contact Abby Adelman if you have any questions.

******

The environmental club will be meeting TODAY at 2:30 in the place.

******

Attention all Nash!  Our annual Canned Food Drive this year is from November 12-16! Every 50⊄ equals one can, and daily awards will be given.  Each student who brings in 20 cans or more will be entered into a raffle for an award, including a free pass to an athletic event or stage performance or MORP. The homeroom with the most cans at the weeks end will receive a donut breakfast. Only 20 cans = one raffle ticket entry.

This year our goal is 10,000 cans and all proceeds will be going to the North Hills Food Bank. We CAN do this NASH!!!!

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today:

Messiah College at 10:40 am

Niagra Univesity at 11:26 am

Sign up to meet with the representatives on your Naviance account.

******

Attention NA Interact:  The next monthly meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 13th after school in the NASH Library MPR.  We’ll meet from 2:30 – 3:15. What is NA Interact? We are a high school branch of the Rotary Club that provides service through and for the youth locally, nationally, and internationally. We carry out hands-on service projects, develop leadership and communication skills, and have fun!  For more information about this club, see Mrs. Lombardi in room 249A. It’s not too late to join!

******

Attention Grandview Mentors (TEAM A):  We will be tutoring the 4th grade children at Pittsburgh Grandview on Thursday, November 15th.  We will leave from NASH around 7:30 and return around 2:00.  In order to be prepared for the November 15th visit, you will need to attend a training session during homeroom on either Monday, November 12th or Tuesday, November 13th in the NASH Library MPR.  We will review instructions for the tutoring visit, and you will receive training for the instructional information you need to know. Plan to attend one of the two training sessions.

If you cannot attend the training session or the visit, please contact Mrs. Lombardi ASAP so that arrangements can be determined.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a Throwback Thursday!