Shattering Glass

Shattering Glass

graphic by D. Crickets

graphic by D. Crickets

graphic by D. Crickets

Megan Wilson, Reporter

Have you seen Split? Or Unbreakable? If you enjoyed these movies, Glass is the movie for you. Samuel Jackson and Bruce Willis from Unbreakable reprise their roles as Elijah Price and his nemesis David Dunn in the latest installment of M. Night Shyamalan’s superhero thriller series. Price and Dunn are joined by James McAvoy’s character of Kevin Wendell Crumb, aka The Beast, in Glass to become three of Shyamalan’s most memorable characters. These three unforgettable personas combine forces and embark on an adventure of a lifetime in the last of the Shyamalan’s Unbreakable trilogy.

Image result for glass movie posterThe trailers for Glass advertise this as a showdown between Bruce Willis’ David Dunn, Samuel Jackson’s Elijah Price, aka Mr. Glass, and James McAvoy’s Kevin Wendell.  As fans of Unbreakable and Split will remember, Bruce Willis’ character of David Dunn appears in the final moments of the film to make the connection between the first two movies by introducing the similarities between Mr. Glass and Wendell. Glass begins days after one of Kevin’s multiple identities has kidnapped four cheerleaders and was holding them captive. David Dunn, with the help of his son, tracks down Kevin’s hiding place and rescues the girls. His confrontation with the Beast ends with both of them being arrested. They are sent to the same mental institute where Mr. Price, better known as Mr. Glass, is being held. The head doctor, Dr. Staple, is working with patients who claim to have superhuman powers, such as our three characters.

Dr. Staple only has three days to prove that they are normal people who are just imagining that they have super powers rather than being true superheroes with superpowers. Each of characters has their own evaluations, and Dr. Staple finds out that each patient, like a superhero, has a weakness, similar to krypton for Superman. Staple then combines them all in one room and starts questioning each of them. This interaction causes Mr. Glass to become fascinated with the Beast and his many personalities. He becomes so captivated with him that he works to convince the Beast and David to be part of his plan to expose their superhuman powers to the world.

Moviegoers will need to see for themselves how each of these three men’s lives are linked to the train crash where the trilogy begins and if they indeed come together to reveal the existence of superhuman powers to the public — or if Dr. Staple’s mission to keep the existence of super-humans a secret is successful. The thrilling scenes and multiple plot twists will keep all viewers on the edges of their seats. With some up-and-coming new actors alongside some familiar faces, Glass is one of the new year’s must see movies!

Megan Wilson, Reporter

Megan Wilson is a junior at North Allegheny Senior High. She is also apart of the NA Track and Field team and the NASH orchestra. She enjoys reading and...