November 27, 2019

Believe it or not, it is time to apply for programs you will participate in NEXT SUMMER.  Learn more about Summer Programs like the University of Pittsburgh Health Career Scholars Academy, The Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive program, the Governors Schools for Agriculture and International Affairs, and more. The session will take place during 4th period on December 6th. Sign up to attend through Naviance. Stop by the GOAL Office if you have questions.

******

Any student interested in joining the Technology Student Association should stop by room 240 or 242 and see Mrs. Green or Mr. Banks for sign-up information.

******

The NA GSA is meeting this Wednesday after school in Room 252 at NASH for our Thanksgiving dinner. The GSA is a non-judgmental, safe, nurturing, and affirming place for students of all genders and sexual orientations. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

The Cleveland Clinic Distance Learning session called “Meet a Therapy Team will occur on Tuesday, December 10th from 9:00 – 10:00 AM in the GOAL Office.  Sign up in Blackboard.

******

Today from 11:30 to 12:30, meet with NA grads who are currently attending various universities to learn about their programs, their schools, and their transition from NA to college. Sign up through Naviance.

******

The deadline for the Scholastic Writing Awards is December 3rd.  The deadline for Future New is December 4th. The deadline for artwork is January 7th.   There is a $7 submission fee for each entry, and seniors may submit a portfolio for a $25 fee. Stop by the GOAL Office, room 249A, for more information about the Writing Awards.  See your art teacher for information about the Art Awards.

******

VARIATIONS is hosting a doughnut party January 15th for students who submit TWO or more pieces to VARIATIONS by  November 30th. Students can submit art or writing through the NASH student information tab on Blackboard for a chance to be featured in the magazine and to win a spot at our January doughnut party.

******

If you’d like to learn how to solve interesting, tricky, challenging puzzles, consider getting involved in the Linguistics Olympiad Team.  Sign up on Blackboard or come to the GOAL office, room 249A.

******

If you’d like to play an Academic Quiz game and test how our school stacks up against teams around the country, sign up for the Academic Quiz 3-2-1.  Either sign up on Blackboard or in the GOAL office 249A. We will play after school on Tuesday, December 3rd until about 4:30.

******

If you would like to learn about careers in medical technology, sign up for a presentation by members of the Women in Tech from UPMC.  They will come to NASH on Tuesday, December 17 from1:30 – 3:00. Sign up on Blackboard or in the GOAL office, room 249A

******

Sign up for the Shakespeare Monologue and Scene Contest on stage at the Pittsburgh Public Theater.  Fill out the form on Blackboard or in the GOAL office. You will choose to either be on stage by yourself doing a monologue or with a group doing a scene.   After you learn your part, coaches will come in and help you figure out how to present the piece. As Shakespeare himself would say, go ahead and sign up…The Play’s the Thing!

******

And finally, please check the lost and found for anything you might be missing! All unclaimed items will be donated over the holiday break.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great Thanksgiving, NASH!