From On High

At 6’6″, Michael Mosebacher is one of the towering reasons the NA Boys’ Volleyball Team continues to dominate the league.

Chelsea Boyer, Social Media Editor

When and how did you start playing volleyball?

I started playing volleyball in 3rd grade at St. Teresa’s because there were not enough people on the JV team. They opened it to 3rd and 4th graders.

How would you describe the North Allegheny boys volleyball team?

A big ol’ goofy family with a burning passion for the game.

Who would win a jump-off on your team? 

It would have to be between Madhu Vuyyuru and Steven Laun. They are the two high fliers on the team.

Who on the team would be most likely to win Survivor?

Peter Carioto or Caleb Schall, because they have ninja-like skills, such as fence-climbing, tree-swinging, and other acrobatic-like moves.

Do you or the team have any pre-game traditions or rituals?

Before home games, we like to play GaGa Ball in the locker room while listening to “Thunderstruck.”

What is your pregame hype-up song?

Anything gbaby412, especially “DNA.”

Who on the team has the biggest celebrations?

There is no one other than 2019 grad Nick Bridges who deserves the best celebration award. He was and forever will be NAVB’s biggest hype man.

What is your favorite memory so far from your NAVB career? 

I can’t really pick a favorite memory. It has all been a crazy experience that I am so blessed to live out. The friendships I have built through this program are like no other. The greatest thing about NAVB is not only does it teach you how to be a great volleyball player, but even more importantly how to be great young men, all thanks to the coaches and the relationships that they set us up to build over our journey.

If you were shipwrecked on a deserted island, what two teammates would you want to be with?

Titus LaMay. He can build basically anything. Also, Noah Brown, because he always has the craziest recipes and I’m sure he could make whatever we find pretty tasty.

What is something about you that most people do not know?

I’m a barber on the side and I give mean fades. Hit me up for a lineup.

How did you decide to commit to Saint Francis?

After visiting the campus and talking to the coaches, I had a feeling it would be the right fit for me. I also heard nothing but good things about SFU from AJ Schmidt, my former and soon-to-be teammate. Finally, SFU is a great place for me to practice my passion for business and volleyball while continuing to strengthen my faith.

What advice would you give to future NA boys volleyball players?

Work hard and cherish every single second of this amazing opportunity. As my teammates and I learned the hard way, it can be taken away from you in an instant. It’s hard to find a group that is this tight and truly a family. Secondly, never compliment Ben Huet, because it will get to his head and he will never live it down.