September 10, 2021

Hey NA Tiger fans….. football season is here!  Your NA Cheerleaders will be selling the official District t-shirt for this year’s “WHITE OUT” football game during all lunch periods TODAY. They will also be sold at the football games on Friday night.  Short sleeved are $10, and long sleeved are $15.  Show your school spirit, and get your NA Tigers t-shirt to cheer our team on! 

******

Are you ready to find your voice? The Speech and Debate team is holding an informational meeting for all interested members TODAY right after school in the NASH auditorium. Reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

******

Attention Juniors: If you have already registered for the PSAT , stop in the counseling office to pick up your practice book.

******

The National English Honor Society (NEHS) is accepting membership applications until Tuesday, September 14th.  Please complete the application using the QR code on the flyers in the hallway.  The $10 membership fee is also due by Tuesday, September 14th.  Please bring your $10 in an envelope with your name on it to Mrs. Omasits in room 265. Our induction ceremony and first meeting will be on Wednesday, September 15th after school in the library.  Please see Mrs. Omasits in room 265 or Mrs. Tallerico in room 261 for more information.  

******

Attention seniors: If you have a 3.9500+ weighted GPA, check your NA email for an invitation to apply to National Honor Society. Applications are due by 2:30pm on September 13.  If you are currently a member of NHS, you will not receive an email as there is no need to re-apply.  

******

Attention technology and CS lovers! The NASH Computer Club will be having its first meeting on Wednesday, September 15th at 2:30pm in room 369. No experience is necessary to join. Hope to see you there!

******

The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is once again offering Career Connections Apprenticeships.  These experiences provide a great opportunity for students to explore a career in a hands-on way.  This year, the AIU is offering programs in Architecture, Zoo Animal Care, Teaching, and Writing. Please stop by room 249A or email Mrs. Lombardi with questions and to request a recommendation. 

******

Are you interested in food, fashion, gardening, or sustainability? Do you want to use those topics to build your leadership skills and make a difference in your community? Would you like to be part of a national organization that specializes in career development? Then FCCLA is the club for you! Come to the first informational meeting on Tuesday, September 14th after school in room 197 to see what FCCLA is all about!

******

Looking for a life-changing opportunity? Join NA DECA! DECA is an empowering organization for you to explore an immense range of experiences connected to key areas like business and marketing and learn leadership and speaking skills. Through DECA, you can make unforgettable memories and meet new people across the state; all conferences are planned to be in-person as of now. If you are interested, sign up at tinyurl.com/joinnadeca. We encourage prospective members to come to our Informational Meeting on Tuesday, September 14th in the library at 2:30 pm. Please contact Hannah Shin at [email protected] if you have any questions. 

******

Colleges and universities have been rapidly scheduling visits with North Allegheny. You can find the visits listed in your Naviance account. Sign up to meet with the representative in Naviance and …. If the visit is IN-PERSON, report to the college rep room in front of the auditorium.  If the visit is VIRTUAL,  report to the designated area of the library with your laptop to join the meeting.

******

Hey NASH — Student Council applications are due by Monday.  StuCo would love to have you as part of the team.  Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.

******

How would you like to win a water bottle?  How would you like to win an NA water bottle??  How would you like to win an NA water bottle THIS MORNING?!  Welcome to Fun Fact Friday, a weekly trivia competition on your Friday morning announcements [***5 second intro will play***] The first student to answer the following question about a staff member at NASH will win their own North Allegheny Water Bottle…. [read slowly] WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER SERVED AS THE PITTSBURGH PIRATE PARROT FOR A DAY?  TO REPEAT, WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER SERVED AS THE PITTSBURGH PIRATE PARROT FOR A DAY?  The first student to submit a correct answer through Blackboard under NASH Student Information will win an NA water bottle!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a fabulous and fly Friday feature!