November 15, 2021

The NASH Canned Food Drive ends TODAY.  Students can donate unopened, non-perishable canned and boxed food.  Cash donations of any amount will also be accepted, with one dollar being equal to two cans.  Students should turn in their cans to their homerooms during the drive — the homeroom with the most reported cans will win a doughnut breakfast!  Let’s make sure that no members of our community are hungry this Thanksgiving!  

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: New York University – VIRTUAL during Period 5 in The Library. Moravian University – Virtual during Period 6 in The Library. Sign up to meet with the representative on your Naviance account. Please note: You must be registered in order to join the link for virtual meetings. 

******

If you are interested in wild adventure, swordplay, and sorcerous fun, then the Dungeons and Dragons club is calling you! The club is seeking experienced Dungeon Masters, seasoned players, and new players willing to risk life and limb for gold and glory! The Dungeons and Dragons club will hold an initial informational meeting on Wednesday, November 24 at 2:45 in room 232. Hope to see you there.

******

The Annual Blood Drive is starting soon, and there is an urgent need for blood donations! You can donate blood either in person at school on Tuesday, November 23, or in your own time at any Vitalant center from November 22 – December 3 by giving them the NASH code HS010047. Signups for the in-person Blood Drive start this week, November 8 – 12, during lunch periods. All NHS members can receive service hours for donating blood, but ALL students and staff 16 and older are eligible to donate. For more information or with questions, email Alina Zaidi at [email protected]

******

The NASH Computer Club will be having their next meeting on Wednesday in room 369 after school. Hope to see you there! Additionally, Computer Club members will be selling stickers during lunches next week.

******

The NA GSA is now meeting twice a month! Our next meeting is this Wednesday in the NASH Library at 2:30. Please join us! The NA GSA is a safe and nurturing place for students of all genders and sexual orientations.

******

Hey NASH!  Do you have winter coats and accessories around your house that are no longer worn or needed? DECA is collecting new or clean, gently used coats, jackets, hats, scarves, and gloves through Monday, November 29th.  Donations may be placed in the collection bins located in the vestibule or in front of the main office.  All donations benefit Pittsburgh’s Outreached Arms to help those in need.  Let’s do our part to ensure everyone stays warm this winter!

******

Are you interested in advocating for equal rights for all genders? Gender Equality Series welcomes you! We welcome all genders, sexualities, and races. The first meeting will be TOMORROW at NASH in the Trophy Room from 2:45-3:45 pm. After that, our meetings will be every other week. Please scan the QR codes on the flyers in the hallways to learn more. You can also email [email protected] for any questions. We hope to see you there!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and stay tuned for some fabulous and fly Friday features!